mtbr member

New question here. Tires for Nelson in summer?

Howdy,

I'll be in Nelson for about two weeks this summer visiting family... Never been there. What tires are the most popular locally?

I currently run 2.5 Minion UST front and 2.35 Nevegal DH rear for Sedona terrain. FWIW I don't have to use UST tires.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I was hoping someone else would answer...

The mountains around Nelson are granite, the trails tend to be made up of hard little stones kind of like coarse sand, and of course granite boulders.

So most of the logging roads etc can take a lot of rain before they eventually wash-out.

The puddles may be deep but not really muddy.

So I think your looking for a loose surface, hard tire maybe a kenda blue groove, maybe a Nevegal.

It been years since I have been there.

conjoinicorned
    minions have served me pretty well all through southern BC including nelson.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    I'm a Calgary rider that road trips out to the Southern BC area as frequently as I can.

Every time I've been in Nelson, I've been running the DH bike with a 2.5 minion Fr and a 2.35 minion Rr. I've never been out to that area for an XC ride, but I'd imagine that a set of nevegals or rampages would do great there (I personally wouldn't go smaller than a 2.35 in the front).

If you don't get the amount of responses to this question that you're hoping to hear, I would repost it over on nsmb.com since you'd have a much better chance of getting responses from some Nelson locals (if those hippies even own any computers out there )

Members who have read this thread: 0