Young Downhill Biker

Summer Bike trip, 3 mountains. NEED HELP

This summer my family s going on a trip and they have been kind enough to base the area`s will be visiting on locations that have lift accessed bike parks so I I chose Fernie, Silverstar, and Kicking Horse. I plan on taking my bike with me but about a month ago I took my bike into a bike shop that was offering free tune ups and since my rebound control on my Totem coil was working I got them to fix it. the next week I was riding and the problem actually never was fixed, they made it worse so I took it to a high end bike shop and now I`m having to wait 3 weeks for new seal caps to arrive as the first bike shop put over 100ml to much oil into the Shock causing the seals to explode under pressure.

Since I may not have the bike in time for the trip as Canada Post is on strike and the bike shop may be using them though they said they arn`t I may have to rent a bike for a few days. So since i don`t have a crap load of money I`m wondering what mountain would be the most worth it to rent on.

I`m also planning on going back to the first bike shop and telling them how much they screwed up and that i`m going to have to fork out atleast $200 to get it all fixed. I may see if I can get a refund of the $50 I spent at there shop so they could break my shock lol..

Thanks
    Bike: 09 Norco Shore One
    Upper-Body Armour: 661 Assault
    Leg Armour: Fox Knee/Shin Gaurd
    Helmet: Bell Drop
    Contour HD GPS

mtbr member
    All are good mountains, but Fernie is only open Thurs to Sunday. Silverstar is smoother, Fernie is more natural/rocky terrain and Kicking Horse is natural with a fair amount of built tressles. Fernie and Kicking Horse will beat up your bike a bit more so better places to rent.
    I doubt the shop would be using Canada Post, that would just be dumb. I assume they are sending it to Norco - they can be pretty slow to service stuff, personally after sending my Revelation back to them 3 times last year I gave up on them and sent my fork to PUSH, worth the extra $$... Unfortunately for whatever reason there are few shops in Canada willing/able to fix RockShox (in the US there are tons of shops that are licensed servce centers), however Calgary Cycle does work on them quite a bit if you are in that area...

Young Downhill Biker
    sorry for late reply/thank you for info. I totally forgot I made this thread.

Bike's still in the shop so I'm getting really pissed and itching to get back on a bike. Family has canceled going to Fernie due to it being a little out of the way so were just going to Silverstar, Kicking Horse, Calgary and maybe some small trails along the way.

I'm hoping to get the bike back tommorow or early next week as I just got brand new sixsixone upper body armour (forget the name), Fox Head Knee/Shin gaurds and a new Contour HD GPS Helmet cam. Everything is ready to go I'm just itching to get riding.
    Bike: 09 Norco Shore One
    Upper-Body Armour: 661 Assault
    Leg Armour: Fox Knee/Shin Gaurd
    Helmet: Bell Drop
    Contour HD GPS