Me hates pinchflat

shuttle in Mount Seymour? (urgent)

Hi
    Im currently in Vancouver for a week, and Ive heard that Mt. Seymour is a must when visiting the north shore. I went to Fromme a couple of days ago and thought it was awesome, so i would really like to see how Seymour is. I want to ride CBC, but as far as I know, theres no easy way to get there unless you have a car. Is there any king of shuttle service going on?? I will only be here for one more week.

On a side note, I am REALLY impressed with the riding and the lifestyle here in general. I cant imagine how awesome it must be to grow up and live here, you guys are very very lucky indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch View Post
    Hi
    theres no easy way to get there unless you have a car. .
    Hitch hike.

Failing that, ride.

ups and downs
    Seymour is maybe 40 minute ride in the bike lane along the Seymour Parkway from the base of Mountain Highway, and then you can ride up Old Buck. Or you could get hold of Endless Biking and see if they have anything on the go for Seymour shuttles today.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    It's not that bad to ride if you're only doing one lap. It's only around 2500' of climbing over maybe 7 miles, and it's paved. An hour on a mid sized bike at a reasonable pace, maybe closer to 90 minutes pushing a big bike. It's often slower to come down the first time you ride it, as there's lots of stuff to look at before you hit it.

Or just hang out at the Bean Around the World at the base and see if you can link up with someone else. There's no shortage of riders doing laps there.

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySmoke View Post
    It's not that bad to ride if you're only doing one lap. It's only around 2500' of climbing over maybe 7 miles, and it's paved. An hour on a mid sized bike at a reasonable pace, maybe closer to 90 minutes pushing a big bike. It's often slower to come down the first time you ride it, as there's lots of stuff to look at before you hit it.

Or just hang out at the Bean Around the World at the base and see if you can link up with someone else. There's no shortage of riders doing laps there.
    Is there any way to ride a trail that leaves you up there? My bike is not very climbing-friendly, but it does pedal up when its necessary.
    "jesus would huck it"
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    It's pretty straightforward, but you can end up down by the Seymour R. pretty easily. It's not too bad if you get over that way, but it is a few km to pedal back to the other side. There are maps and guidebooks available, maybe make the investment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    Hitch hike.
    Seriously, people do do this. Get a marker and some cardboard and make a sign, say something like, "Visitor from Mars, no wheels, will help w/gas" etc....

Could be your shuttle peeps will show you around the mtn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
    Hitch hike.
    Seriously, people do do this. Get a marker and some cardboard and make a sign, say something like, "Visitor from Mars, no wheels, will help w/gas" etc....

Could be your shuttle peeps will show you around the mtn.

Me hates pinchflat
    I ended up going today, and there was no shuttle visible so I started to pedal my 50 pound bike up the road. At my third kilometer, a dude just stopped his truck and told me to hop in. He took to CBC, even though he didn't have to go all the way up there. Such a nice guy.
    "jesus would huck it"