Thread: retallack?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

retallack?

I have seen that retallack has opened it self up for mountain biking. Has anyone gone and rode the trails? is it worth it? I know that is a relative question. Just curious, becasue it looks pretty cool, but it is spendy. The place i am talking about is between new denver and kaslo.

thanks
    tim

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Tim,

You might want to ask this on Pinkbike. Riders on that site might be more familiar with the riding at the resort itself. Retallack had a full time crew building trails last year and I suspect they will be doing the same this year. Unfortunately, due to late snow, the building season up high is quite short. Nevertheless they have established some nice ridge trails. There's a Matt Hunter vid which shows this.I hear they are putting in some nice trails lower down though. Retallack also shuttles the local trails around New Denver. I have been on these and I can say they are fast and fun. Not bermy mountain bike park stuff but flowy and rustic. Lots of historical stops of interest too. Here's the viddy.

Matt Hunter and the 2012 Specialized Enduro - YouTube

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    thanks for the reply. i definalty recognize the view of slocan lake and the creek crossing. I just like new denver,but was also looking for more alpine rides in the area. that is what got me thinking about retallack.

tim

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Wakefield Tail is the alpine trail here in New Denver. Very scenic! Starts at the Idaho Peak parking lot and drops 1200m to Silverton. Kaslo Sufferfest race course climbs Reco Peak from the Sandon/ Cody side and then descends to Retallack. It's a hell of a climb and of dubious worth. Revelstoke is the place to go for alpine rides. Keystone Standard and Frisbey Ridge come to mind. And then of course there's Seven summits in Rossy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Been there, done that, did it. except for frisbee.

we looped wakefield and that was a tiring day. way harder than 7 summits. Keystone is a little short, i will have to try frisbee.

and i do understand the alpine season is short, I love winter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Definitely a must!