Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Fatbike ride Sunday?

Any interest out there in a fatbike ride on Sunday?

Cheers

Sean

mtbr member
    Global fatbike day is tomorrow, the 1st. I may take off up into the mountains. May try Minnewanka again.

conjoinicorned
    minne should be pretty fantastic, the freeze thaw is about perfect right now and if there is a little coating of fresh on top it'll be stellar riding.

i'm trying to find the time but not looking good right now. let me know what times you guys are thinking and i'll see what i can do, i'd love to hit minne
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thinking of Minnewanke or Goat Creek on Saturday myself, I think the latter trail may be full of Mukluks in the afternoon (Rebound Cycles in Canmore is doing a fatbike demo day).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

west bragg creek, tomorrow, sunday dec 2

2 of us are hoping to depart the West Bragg Creek parking lot at 12:30pm and head out for a 2hrs easy ride.

mtbr member
    If I can get enough chores done in the morning I will be up for a West Bragg ride tomorrow - let me know if you're not going Critninja.

mtbr member
    Sorry guys - I'm out for the Sunday west Bragg ride.

But if anyone wants to ride in town this week I'm probably going to go just about every night (wife and kid out of town).

mtbr member
    I couldn't ride this weekend guys. Sick as a dog. But I'm interested in a Ride this week. Oh did you hear that porcelain designs who make the fat bike bags are moving to Calgary. No more over the top postage.

Rich

mtbr member
    Is Goat Creek primarily for cross country skiing? I ride it loads in the summer but wondered if I would meet with any resistance from the cross country princess's if I went down there Monday.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah it is over winter, however there isn't much in the way of proper grooming to mess up until a fair distance down the trail, past the 2nd bridge. However I would suggest trying to stay in the middle and avoid going over the ski tracks on either side.

mtbr member
    I'm planning on a doing a ~1 1/2 hr ride tonight and tomorrow night around the glenmore reservoir starting around 7. Let me know if you are interested.

mtbr member
    I'm going to try West Bragg Creek again on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. According to the k-country trail report from yesterday:

Between 5 and 10 cm of snow fell in the area last weekend. This new snow and recent grooming has
    left the trails with what some skiers are calling the best ski conditions of the season for this area.
    Caution is still advised for natural hazards and ice flows.

We won't be on the XC ski trails though - we will be on the all season singletrack trails (Braggin Rights, Reconnect, Long Distance).

Anybody else have some time off and want to give it a go?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I don't have a fat bike, but I'd be interested to know if the trails are packed enough to bring out the ice spikers.

mtbr member
    I'm around Saturday and Sunday. I'm still kicking off a cough right now but I would be interested

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    There is a new group on Google+ - Fatbiking Alberta - open to all to discuss fatbiking in general, organize rides, discuss trail conditions, and so on.

MTBr wont let me post the link, just do a search on Google+ for it.

Can y'all spread the word and perhaps join up?

I am hoping to head out to West Bragg on Sunday. I rode there yesterday and the new snow that fell over the last few days has made the trails a little softer to ride but lots of fun.

mtbr member
    Joined the Google+ group. I'm in for a ride tomorrow. What time works best for everyone?

mtbr member
    I am going to start a ride from the West Bragg Creek parking lot at 1PM. Probably about 2 hours or so - join me if you like.

mtbr member
    Did the Bragging Rights, Reconnect, Long Distance loop. BR is in great shape, Reconnect is pretty soft, and LD is great. I don't think I'd recommend it for regular MTBs at this point - the soft parts would likely be walking, since I barely had enough traction with HuDu / Nate on the middle third. The LD downhill was super fun - I should have brought the GoPro.

Shuttles R 4 Pussies
    Quote Originally Posted by Critninja View Post
    MTBr wont let me post the link, just do a search on Google+ for it.
    Fatbiking Alberta
    Screw the chairlift, I'm riding to the top. You're all worthless and weak!!!

mtbr member

Proposed - Snow bike group ride around Calgary

For those that aren't also part of the Google Plus group mentioned above, we have a fat bike ride / race set up for West Bragg Creek tomorrow at 11. With all of the snow last week, conditions are apparently pretty marginal even for fat tires, so regular mtbs probably wouldn't have much fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2