mtbr member

Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside?

Anyone ever stayed at this hotel or know anything about it? I need a place my non-riding wife will enjoy and prices seemed pretty reasonable for a 4-star hotel. Mainly interested in the service and bike valet. I want to make sure my bike will be secure and undamaged.

mtbr member
    The Pan Pacific is one of the nicer hotels in Whistler. The location is great as it is right at the base of Whistler Mountain. You could probably throw a rock from the pool to the Whistler Gondola. They will store your bike for you.

I have heard good things about this hotel but have never stayed there as it is usually pretty pricey during the high seasons.

mtbr member
    I've stayed there before, two years ago. I had a $7000 bike in tow and felt no problem leaving the bike in their bike room. All bikes are hung up by their front wheel. The room is on the main floor near the front desk. Only staff have key cards that can get in. You go with them to store and get your bike.

While I was checking out, Trek USA was checking in with about 15 bikes for testing, including the Honda RN01 they borrowed.

I mostly rode my brains out so I never did use any of their other services. The rooms were great with a small kitchenette, and plenty of space. And the location at the base of the hill is AWESOME. Get a triple play card and ride whenever you want right out the back door. I'm planning to go back this season, and the Pan Pacific is where I'm looking to get a room at again.

Chris.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback on the hotel. I think my wife will be happy and it sounds like it'll be perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Just got back from Whistler and thought I'd post up a review. The Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside was a perfect location as all you had to do was roll your bike out the back and the lift was right there. I did upgrade to a 1 bedroom for a little more space. Price was $190/night + $25 for parking. Rooms were nice and probably rate the 4star rating they received on several websites. The bike storage was free and secure with only the valet having access. The rooms have a decent kitchen which made it easy to cook meals and take a lunch at your room to save $$ as all the places we ate were about $20/person for lunch and double that for dinner. We did have several nights much higher. Bring your own food and alcohol and save a fortune! The staff was courteous and no problems at all with bike storage. Pool, workout facility was OK, but not the main reason we went.

mtbr member
    Ha! Glad you liked it! I'm actually posting this message from my room at the Pan Pacific right now. Getting suited up for my third day on the lifts. Weather here has been UNREAL.

mtbr member
    Nice! Just left Sunday and really thought about staying another 5 days. Weather was perfect!