mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010

newb looking to join a club!

howdy last year i became a crazy mountain bike fan and upgrading to a specialized hardrock 29er since the shitty bike i bought last year just aint cutting it any longer! lol So ya was curious about how i go about joining up with a club i am very interested in triing out some races in the spring or even just some cool people to ride with! thanks everyone!

mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010
    sorry i forgot to mention im in Edmonton! thanks

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    I've ridden with Pedalhead for 5 years, so naturally I am going to say them. They have a wicked group ride, good group of staff, very helpful, knowledgeable, etc.
    BUT keep in mind that how I just described Pedalhead can apply to any shop in Edmonton, we have some good shops here. The bike shops are the best place for the info you are looking for, a good shop will help you out with wanting to try racing (and point you towards the Tuesday Spring Classic Series most likely) as well as their group rides.

Good luck and enjoy!
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010
    i was talking to a fella down at united cycle, anyone have an opinion of those fellas down there?

mtbr member
    most of the clubs are really good. River Valley Cycle (who I belong to), United Cycle, Pedalhead, Hardcore, Redbike, ERTC/Revolution, Juventis, and Mud, Sweat and Gears are the most visual. Someone please correct me if I missed anyone! You can't go wrong joining any of them.

You definitely will want to come out to the Tuesday night races in Terwillegar. Typically they start at the beginning of May and end the first week of July.
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010
    nice! i cant wait for it to warm up man! lol So every tuesday there is races out in terwillgar? Ok well i guess i will talk to the guys at United Cycle when i go down to pick up my new bike. Thanks again!

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    Like Gord said, Tuesdays starting sometime in May until the start of July. Obviously pending weather, if it is pouring or the trails are muddy enough that they will get damaged, they cancel. It's definitely worth checking out, hope to see you out there!
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010
    im curious, is it frowned upon to go riding in the rain due to the fact the trails might get damaged? Personally i love to ride in the rain! nothing more fun than coming home muddy! lol