Student

Hope Need Info About Brodie Products

hey im from southern ontario and im interested in picking up a brodie frame for a winter build. since western canada is the home of brodie i woould like to ask if anybody could give me some info about the product quality, what the bikes are like to ride, how tough the frames are and such. the specific frame i am interested in the brodie awl thanks alot guys
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

Double-metric mtb man
    I don't know if the guy is on the boards or not, but there is a fella on the east side of Edmonton who has one and has been riding it for at least the last couple of years. He enjoys it and says it is an excellent bike. I'll try to get details the next time I come across him.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mike
    I don't know if the guy is on the boards or not, but there is a fella on the east side of Edmonton who has one and has been riding it for at least the last couple of years. He enjoys it and says it is an excellent bike. I'll try to get details the next time I come across him.
    that would be cool thanks
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    K'endo on the Passion board has an Awl.

I think the Awl has been replaced by a different model for 07. There are some pics posted on NSMB.

You could also ask on the Cdn bikes board.

mtbr member
    I own a 2004 awl and its a fairly nice ride. Beefy frame though. Even the light ones tend to be on the heavy side.

fear this
    My riding buddy has a Brodie 9-Ball. He's 6'4" and 280 lbs. The bike was bought new, but looks like it was left out in the mud for 10 years, even after he washes it. It seems to take all the abuse he dishes out without any complaints. The only problems he's had have been bending the front rotors (mainly due to negligent line picking), breaking the seatpost, and climbing hills (the geometry really just isn't made for it). He's been running it for about 2 years now without any complaints.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie
    Commencal Meta HT AM chromoly

mtbr member

good bikes

Been riding Brodie bikes for 14 years or so. Still have a handbuilt Sovereign and have had an Expresso, Climbmax before that and also 3 Devos. My latest frames are on the www.brodieart.com website, under custom one offs, the forest fire flames and the puzzle frame are mine. They have had their problem designs like any other bike but warranty is awsome. I am 200# and beat on my bikes like nobody's business and never had to do a claim.
    Call Cybersport in Vancouver, they have clearance frames that may be up you alley.

They climb like billygoats......

Members who have read this thread: 0