Thread: my trip home

i drink shower water

my trip home

I am currently going to school in Colorado but i live in Alaska. This summer i will be driving home to Ak from CO. Long drive i know! I cruise up through montanta AB BC YT then in Ak. This time i want to hit some good trails in the AB area. Any killer trails you can tell me about? I drive through Calgary, Edmonton, and Straight out north West on Yellow Head 16.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Double-metric mtb man
    Well, depends on the kind of riding you like to do. In Edmonton, Free Rider can show you some good FR / DJ spots and Excel, Ribalmanikin, Sixty-Fiver and I can show you some of the North Saskatchewan river valley trails. On the southwest side of Edmonton, there is the Rabbit Hill Ski Area that becomes a mountain bike park in the summer...

Let us know what sort of stuff you want to ride and I'm sure that the gang here in Edmonton can help you out. I'm sure that there are others in Calgary, Red Deer, Jasper etc that can fill out your Alberta riding Plus others in BC
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

i drink shower water
    i like to alot of freeriding, you know Shore type stuff. Also i like DH. Basically if i can fly downhills im all for it. I just dont like generic XC. I dont mind pedaling and all just not flat loops.

mtbr member
    tones of great riding in the calgary area. for DH stuff head to moose mountain, lost of freeriding. Most of the other xc/am trails are ride up one side of the mountian and back down the other. C.O.P can be fun for a couple hours and it is right in town.
    It's go time

i drink shower water
    thanks ill check those out. keep em coming.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    tons of riding in the crownest pass area just north of Warterton Nat park.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    In fact drive up whats called the forestry trunk road from Crowsnest all the way to Hinton.

Car camp and ride. maybe 300 miles.

mtbr member
    alright, for edmonton freeride depends when you will be heading up by mid june all of our trails will be in full swing...before that selection varies due to mud and drainage issues. rabbit hill is a must but i believe opening day is mid july

it all depends when you are heading up, the river valley has some nice single track for the xc inclined or scenic person, fort edmonton has some trails running around it including some paved trails leading to terwillager (sp?) terwillager also has a city funded, yet under maintained dirt jump park...its nothing special, or wasnt last year but with a couple days shovel time it could be something worthwhile...well keep you updated just tell us when your passing through
    Last edited by free rider; 01-29-2007 at 03:53 PM.

i drink shower water
    ill be coming thru end of may

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hab1b
    ill be coming thru end of may
    clearing new lines of deadfall and small shrubs will start within the next month, rabbit will not be open by then, also im not a 100% sure but i think some of the trails in the trees may still have snow and ice on them...but well see.

Members who have read this thread: 0