mtbr member
    May 2006

Moose Mtn Ridgeback

Finally rode the bottom two sections of Ridgeback....

Sorry what a piece of sh*t. No flow....herky jerky....secondly the two sections should have been connected at the top of the ridge.

What drunk, dyslexic, idiot laid out that line.

Best way to layout a line is ski it first to get the fall line right.

Best solution give up start again.

Sorry to all the folks that worked their guts out to put in....but there it is...

I saw a guy digging out a huge rock, on a side hill....line should not have been there in the first place...

Damn.

There's no need to fear.
    A touch harsh perhaps? I think Ridgeback is a great trail.

B

mtbr member
    Keeping things constructive and the trolls fed:
    What ratio of cow manure to meth have you been blitzing?

Ski the fall line. How could you ski the line with undergrowth and low depth snowpack?
    Even cross country skiing through that bush would be and activity that some dolts fueled by manure/meth would undertake.

Have you walked the areas adjacent to the trail?
    The topography is consistent all the way to elbow pass. The current lines for Ridgeback are representative of an evolving trail.

You could put down the cow ass meth pipe and be constructive by showing up at many trail days. Post a log of all the time you have contributed to the trail network. Perhaps then you may be respected for your opinions.

Do not expect any further response.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by karmax View Post
    Keeping things constructive and the trolls fed:
    What ratio of cow manure to meth have you been blitzing?

Ski the fall line. How could you ski the line with undergrowth and low depth snowpack?Lots of sking out there
    Even cross country skiing through that bush would be and activity that some dolts fueled by manure/meth would undertake.Yeah I guess

Have you walked the areas adjacent to the trail? Of course
    The topography is consistent all the way to elbow pass. The current lines for Ridgeback are representative of an evolving trail.BS

You could put down the cow ass meth pipe and be constructive by showing up at many trail days. Post a log of all the time you have contributed to the trail network. Perhaps then you may be respected for your opinions.Not a one

Do not expect any further response.oops you will need to use ignore.
    Look the line sucks, your in luck, I won't be riding it any more.

Top two sections are fine...well except for the junction with Tom Snow...

Laying out a trail takes more thought than was put into the lower two sections.

mtbr member
    I think Ridgeback is a good trail - first 2 sections after finishing Moosepackers especially. Much of the trail is designed with IMBA guidelines. Bench cut sidehill is the theme to avoid more Tom Snow mud bog or eroded sections. There are no fall-line sections because they're trying to avoid erosion. This makes sure mountain biking isn't seen as an unsustainable activity by SRD and Parks.
    I am very grateful to CMBA for the great work!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikebros View Post
    I think Ridgeback is a good trail - first 2 sections after finishing Moosepackers especiallyYes they are much better than the last two sections. Much of the trail is designed with IMBA guidelines. Bench cut sidehill is the theme to avoid more Tom Snow mud bog or eroded sectionsNot working out very well. There are no fall-line sections because they're trying to avoid erosion.Not saying but in fall line sections; I am saying you have to know where the fall line is so you can contour the trail properly This makes sure mountain biking isn't seen as an unsustainable activity by SRD and Parks.
    I am very grateful to CMBA for the great work!Sorry not that section
    The trail is very poorly contoured and it results in very poor flow and ridablility.

The trail has already been subjected to erosion and some side hill sections will always be subjected to erosional issues...

If the IMBA guidelines were followed then it is time to get a new set of guidelines so that ASRD will continue to allow more trails to be built....

Basically a good XC ski trail will be a good mtb trail...

As far as ASRD and sustainability...they are just starting to go after the ATV's ect.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My friends and I call it "ridgebog". Personally I agree with the op %100. For the money time and energy spent you could have repaired all of the cow bogs on Tom Snow, and built cow proof bridges over them from Dawson to Station Flats. The only section I like is the top one. The second one has no flow, is too narrow to keep any speed, and hangs on to every drop of water it collects long after the rain stops.

Parts 3 and 4 are brutal. Not to take away from all the successful build projects at moose over the past few years cause there are some amazing new trails. Ridgebog just isn't one of them. IMHO of course.

mtbr member
    Perhaps you should try the bow river trails in Calgary. You won't get muddy and it won't be too rough for you.

Perhaps you should trade in your trail bike for a city cruiser. Then you won't be tempted in to trails you can't handle (and you could even get a gel seat)..

Perhaps you should trade in your loud mouth for a shovel. Then your voice might be taken seriously.

Off the back...
    I kinda like it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eyun View Post
    Perhaps you should try the bow river trails in Calgary. You won't get muddy and it won't be too rough for you. Been there done that and still do that (BTW they can get muddy)

Perhaps you should trade in your trail bike for a city cruiser. Then you won't be tempted in to trails you can't handle (and you could even get a gel seat)..No thanks

Perhaps you should trade in your loud mouth for a shovel. Then your voice might be taken seriously.
    Seriously they guy who laid out that trail should not lay out anymore....shovels can't fix a bad lay out..and that is a particularly bad line.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    I kinda like it.
    Please enjoy....you're lucky it will have slightly less traffic going forward.