mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Moose Mountain trail map

Anyone have an updated moose mountain trail map? will be riding out there this Saturday and would love to have a map.

It has been ages since I have been there, and I have only ever done the moose packers trail..would love to try something different maybe. Although I may have some inexperienced guys with me..and I am not into big stunts anymore and I have crossed over to a Blur LT from a big big...maybe it is best to stay on moose packers and stay out of the freeride folks way lol.

any thoughts? Thanks all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Lots of info and maps at mmbts.com:
    http://www.mmbts.com/members/trails/2011-maps/

I'm an XC weenie, so I stay off the advanced downhill trails, but Race of Spades and Special K should be no problem if you have any DH experience. All the stunts are optional.

Brakeless is a new easy downhill trail.

For new climbing options, check out Pneuma and Ridgeback. There is almost no reason to ride Tom Snow or the fire road any more.

The forecast is looking pretty bad though. Don't be 'that guy' chewing up the wet trails

Edit:
    If you are taking beginners with you, Ridgeback is excellent.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks man, ya if it is raining we won't be going. No need to rip up trails.

Thanks for the info.

can you get on to ridgeback off the moose packers trail?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yup. As you come out of the trees after the switchbacks, you go over that little log drop. Then look for Ridgeback on your right near the pump station.

After a while, it hooks back onto Tom Snow for a short distance. Then you have to watch for Ridgeback splitting off to the left. It's easy to miss as it's a relatively high-speed section. Not sure if all these intersections are signed yet.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    Yup. As you come out of the trees after the switchbacks, you go over that little log drop. Then look for Ridgeback on your right near the pump station.

After a while, it hooks back onto Tom Snow for a short distance. Then you have to watch for Ridgeback splitting off to the left. It's easy to miss as it's a relatively high-speed section. Not sure if all these intersections are signed yet.
    Emergency Shutdown Valve station....not a pump.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    cool, thanks for the help...weather is looking worse and worse by the hour lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Emergency Shutdown Valve station....not a pump.
    If you want to be really pedantic, it's actually called a Doohickey With Pipes And **** Inside A Fence.