Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 68

Thread: Manitoba

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81

    Manitoba

    Any fellow riders on here from Manitoba?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Yes, it would seem you are new here too. Do you happen to have any decent rail recommendations?

    -Bryce

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    Where are you from in Manitoba?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Winnipeg, you?

    -Bryce

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    Morden. Have you ever bike the trails around here?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Another rider in MB here. Winnipeg area.

    Decent trails? Depends upon how far you want to drive.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    Theres some pretty good trails around here. There is also the Back Forty Race coming up. Have you ever rode the trails here?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Never heard of the Back Forty Race. Which trails around where?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Never ridden any trails around Morden, and I have never heard of the Back Forty Race. Morden isn't that far from Winnipeg, mind me asking where the trails are around there? I'm always looking for new places to ride.

    -Bryce

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    The trails are just outside of Morden around Lake Minnewasta. The race is coming up on July 4.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Cool, did some googling and found a bit of info on how to get to the trails, looks like they would be good, nice terrain around there, nice golf course too, been years since I have played it...

    Man trying to find info on trail in MB is like looking for a needle in a haystack...

    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    Another rider in MB here. Winnipeg area.

    Decent trails? Depends upon how far you want to drive.
    Anything inside of 4 hours for sake of discussion. We should try to put together a list with some directions/tips on where to ride and how to find places so it would make things easier to find. Personally just getting into this without someone to follow around, it has been rather difficult to find trails.

    -Bryce

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Si[xXx]er
    Cool, did some googling and found a bit of info on how to get to the trails, looks like they would be good, nice terrain around there, nice golf course too, been years since I have played it...

    Man trying to find info on trail in MB is like looking for a needle in a haystack...



    Anything inside of 4 hours for sake of discussion. We should try to put together a list with some directions/tips on where to ride and how to find places so it would make things easier to find. Personally just getting into this without someone to follow around, it has been rather difficult to find trails.

    -Bryce
    Yeah, it can be tough finding trails on the 'net. Here's a few suggestions:

    1) Grand Beach - there are a few miles of singletrack woven in with the ski trails. At least, I hope it is still singletrack, and not quadded wreck.
    2) Ingolf - actually in Ontario, but within two hours drive of Winnipeg. Canadian Shield Country. Rocky, rooty, some nice tech sections, but prone to being a bit wet. It's shared with the cottagers and rednecks with quads, but I overlook that because they were there first, I believe.
    3) Birch - near Roseisle. I don't have a very accurate report on this one, as I have only ridden it once, and I know I missed a lot of it. Pretty hilly. Need membership with MCA to ride there.
    4) Brandon Hills - south of Brandon. Maybe 20 km of trail, give or take. Plenty of hills, including one that is pretty much up (or down) for over a kilometer. Nice flow there, but watch for the poison ivy.
    5) Spruce Woods - Epinette Trail. Not technical, and they have bypassed a lot of the hills with a recent trail reroute. Actually more of a XC ski trail. About 40 km of riding. Add on the TransCanada Trail - again not technical, but will give you some extra time in the saddle.
    6) Riding Mountain Park - not familiar with this one, other than a lung busting climb up the Jet trail on the east side. Thought my frikkin heart was going to explode, but then again, I was a smoker back then too.
    7) Falcon Lake - Whiteshell Provincial Park. Single track off of the ski trails - reasonably technical, with a fair number of roots and rocks.
    8) Sandilands Provincial Forest, near Marchand. There was word that some new trails might be cut through there. At one time, there were two nice sized loops of singletrack carved through there. The quadders seemed to think that was an open invite for them to "ride and wreck" those trails. Then, a quad poker derby ended up burning down a few thousands of acres of surrounding forest. I avoid the place now, but maybe will return one day. Oh, have I mentioned how much I despise some quadders and their ridiculous machines? <taking deep breaths>
    9) monkey trails throughout Winnipeg - right now, most of them are probably muddy messes due to the rivers being so high. Some good riding, though, especially near Whittier Park.

    There are a few bike shops in Winnipeg that have riding clubs, or will offer you advice.

    PM me if you want more info on any particular trail.

    Cheers!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Wow bikedreamer, thanks for the info, I will have to check out some of those trails. FWI I was out at Sandilads last fall and all of the XC ski trails are now wide, deep, soft sand, so you best be ready for a workout if you head out there. Was their with a friend, and eventually we did find some narrower singletrack but not much, and by then we were so bagged from the sand me didn't do much exploring. Might be an area worth going if you know someone who knows where to go and what to ride.

    Also, are the posts in this thread all out of order for anyone else or just me?

    -Bryce

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Si[xXx]er
    Wow bikedreamer, thanks for the info, I will have to check out some of those trails. FWI I was out at Sandilads last fall and all of the XC ski trails are now wide, deep, soft sand, so you best be ready for a workout if you head out there. Was their with a friend, and eventually we did find some narrower singletrack but not much, and by then we were so bagged from the sand me didn't do much exploring. Might be an area worth going if you know someone who knows where to go and what to ride.

    Also, are the posts in this thread all out of order for anyone else or just me?

    -Bryce
    Yeah, it can be quite a workout at times. Best time to ride is after it has been raining - it firms up the sand a bit. Downside is that you'll be needing to clean your drivetrain after the ride.

    There is (or was, at least) two loops of singletrack. One started just a bit east of the entrance to the ski trails (off of 210), while another one started approximately 3 km further east down the same highway. I know some of that goes through the burn zone, so there is some trail that might be obliterated.

    Maybe try contacting the Manitoba Cycling Association to see if they know if anyone has developed more trail out there.

    Oh, I almost forgot - there is another trail, close to the city: Bur Oak, at Birds Hill Park. Nice little loop, about 6 km long. All singletrack, mostly hardpack dirt, with the occasional patch of sand. Dries up pretty quickly after its been raining (except for a few low lying areas). Worth checking out.

    As for the posts being out of order: yeah, its an odd system. Not sure how they do it, but basically look for any posts marked with an orange flag - those are the ones you haven't read yet (assuming you are signed in). If someone answers with a quote, that answer will be further up than another answer that wasn't a quote.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Yeah I have ridden Bur Oak a few times, it is fairly close to the city which is nice and handy. Now all we need is a bit of decent weather to get out and do some riding...

    I figured out the posts thing, if you go into My Account and then under Settings and Options select Edit Options there is a way to change how threads are displayed, Linear - Oldest First seems to make the most sense, it's just the order in which things have been posted, makes threads much easier to follow I think.

    -Bryce

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    81
    You hould try riding by Morden. There is about sixteen kilometers of trails around the lake and in that area. If you follow the Trans Canada on gravel roads for quite a few miles south of Morden there is another section of trails.
    If you check out http://www.tinkercreekcycle.ca/back-40-race/course-map/ there is a map of the trails.
    One day if you come out here and I have time maybe I could show you around.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    Yeah, it can be tough finding trails on the 'net. Here's a few suggestions:

    1) Grand Beach - there are a few miles of singletrack woven in with the ski trails. At least, I hope it is still singletrack, and not quadded wreck.
    2) Ingolf - actually in Ontario, but within two hours drive of Winnipeg. Canadian Shield Country. Rocky, rooty, some nice tech sections, but prone to being a bit wet. It's shared with the cottagers and rednecks with quads, but I overlook that because they were there first, I believe.
    3) Birch - near Roseisle. I don't have a very accurate report on this one, as I have only ridden it once, and I know I missed a lot of it. Pretty hilly. Need membership with MCA to ride there.
    4) Brandon Hills - south of Brandon. Maybe 20 km of trail, give or take. Plenty of hills, including one that is pretty much up (or down) for over a kilometer. Nice flow there, but watch for the poison ivy.
    5) Spruce Woods - Epinette Trail. Not technical, and they have bypassed a lot of the hills with a recent trail reroute. Actually more of a XC ski trail. About 40 km of riding. Add on the TransCanada Trail - again not technical, but will give you some extra time in the saddle.
    6) Riding Mountain Park - not familiar with this one, other than a lung busting climb up the Jet trail on the east side. Thought my frikkin heart was going to explode, but then again, I was a smoker back then too.
    7) Falcon Lake - Whiteshell Provincial Park. Single track off of the ski trails - reasonably technical, with a fair number of roots and rocks.
    8) Sandilands Provincial Forest, near Marchand. There was word that some new trails might be cut through there. At one time, there were two nice sized loops of singletrack carved through there. The quadders seemed to think that was an open invite for them to "ride and wreck" those trails. Then, a quad poker derby ended up burning down a few thousands of acres of surrounding forest. I avoid the place now, but maybe will return one day. Oh, have I mentioned how much I despise some quadders and their ridiculous machines? <taking deep breaths>
    9) monkey trails throughout Winnipeg - right now, most of them are probably muddy messes due to the rivers being so high. Some good riding, though, especially near Whittier Park.

    There are a few bike shops in Winnipeg that have riding clubs, or will offer you advice.

    PM me if you want more info on any particular trail.

    Cheers!
    There's also a new trail cut just north of Kenora off Trout Lake Road. Very similar to Ingolf just more technical. Minaki has a trail network as well.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    Winnipeg rider here. So far I've ridden whittier (live very close to it), seine trail on the other side of provencher (want to do some trail building here), togo/churchhill (great trail, but a mess now), and bur oak. I'm fairly new to the area and would love to hook up some group rides. Hoping to discover the monkey trails soon (was hoping today but looks like rain)...
    anyone interested in setting up a group ride?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrow4jc
    Winnipeg rider here. So far I've ridden whittier (live very close to it), seine trail on the other side of provencher (want to do some trail building here), togo/churchhill (great trail, but a mess now), and bur oak. I'm fairly new to the area and would love to hook up some group rides. Hoping to discover the monkey trails soon (was hoping today but looks like rain)...
    anyone interested in setting up a group ride?
    Sounds interesting.

    How far down the Seine trail did you go, btw? Are you talking in between Provencher and Marion? Or did you go south of Marion, too?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    i just do the provencher to marion stretch. needs some work on the trails. some under water right now i didn't know there was more south of marion. where's the trailhead?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrow4jc
    i just do the provencher to marion stretch. needs some work on the trails. some under water right now i didn't know there was more south of marion. where's the trailhead?
    Behind the IGA..is it still IGA??

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    The trailhead for the section south of Marion was on the east end of the footbridge, a few blocks south of Marion. It kind of weaves in and out, and you have to ride the road a few times. Only problem is that one wanker put up a fence, and blocked access. Not sure if it is still up or not - haven't been down there in a while now.

    Is any part of the Winston Churchill Dr. trail above water now?

  23. #23
    Single Speed Nation
    Reputation: great_big_abyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    The trailhead for the section south of Marion was on the east end of the footbridge, a few blocks south of Marion. It kind of weaves in and out, and you have to ride the road a few times. Only problem is that one wanker put up a fence, and blocked access. Not sure if it is still up or not - haven't been down there in a while now.

    Is any part of the Winston Churchill Dr. trail above water now?
    Fence is gone, churchill drive trails are more or less dry by now.

    You're J-R, right?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by great_big_abyss
    Fence is gone, churchill drive trails are more or less dry by now.

    You're J-R, right?
    Good to hear that the fence is gone. Definitely need to get out on the Churchill Drive section sometime soon.

    Nope, not J.R.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    awesome thanks for the update. I know where I'm riding this weekend Love that trail.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    Is anyone up for organizing with me a trail repair day? I was thinking of the upper xc trail in whittier, and along the seine for starters. They need some loving.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrow4jc
    Is anyone up for organizing with me a trail repair day? I was thinking of the upper xc trail in whittier, and along the seine for starters. They need some loving.
    see PM, krow

    Maybe contact some of the bike shops. Sometimes they do trail maintenance, or would know some volunteers.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171

    Trail Report

    Just finished 16.5km of trail.

    Seine trail (provencher to Marion) is dry. I went in and did a bit of cleaning and maintenance. Rerouted a section around the fallen tree after the decent.

    Whittier - all dry except lower XC trail still mucky. Could use some clearing of vegetation to see some parts of the trails.

    Churchhill - excellent. Heavy vegetation along the trail, some parts totally covered. and almost unrideable. I was delighted to discover a lil north shore bridge and a beginning of a dirt jump. Trail needs some clearing of plants and the ladder bridges need repair.

    Misercordia - drying, not to bad so far.

  29. #29
    Single Speed Nation
    Reputation: great_big_abyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    133
    The monkey trails are pretty much all dry by now, too.

    Run to Togo could use some loving. I have a chainsaw and a truck, if somebody else has an old lawnmower or a gas powered weed wacker. We could go there one evening and wreak some havoc.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    I could maybe lend a hand sometime, not like I really know what I'm doing, both on the bike and in terms of trail building but hey I guess you have to learn somehow. I do have a truck also and have spent far more time with a lawnmower and weed wacker than any one person should ever have to. I'm pretty busy for the remainder of this week, but another time I could try to help out.

    -Bryce

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    let's organize and evening next week to do some work on togo (proper name for churchhill?) I don't have much for tools, but I do have a willingness to fix up this great singeltrack.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Well it looks like I'm going to be in the Dauphin/Riding Mountain area next week and was going to take my bike with me and see what kind of trouble I could get myself into. Does anyone have any trail recommendations in the area? I know there are some walking/hiking trails in the park, but any trails more suited to cycling than others?

    Also, anyone looking for some good riding who has not done so yet, should head out to the Brandon Hills area when you get the time. Was out there last weekend and had a blast, and there is a ton to ride.

    -Bryce

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    388
    Is there a trail day being organized for togo/churchill trail? I love it and Id put some work on it for sure...I have a buddy or two to bring along also.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Si[xXx]er
    Well it looks like I'm going to be in the Dauphin/Riding Mountain area next week and was going to take my bike with me and see what kind of trouble I could get myself into. Does anyone have any trail recommendations in the area? I know there are some walking/hiking trails in the park, but any trails more suited to cycling than others?

    Also, anyone looking for some good riding who has not done so yet, should head out to the Brandon Hills area when you get the time. Was out there last weekend and had a blast, and there is a ton to ride.

    -Bryce
    Try this webpage for trails (front and back country) that are mountain bike friendly:

    http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/mb/riding/activ/activ4.aspx

    It's been ages since I have ridden out there. Only trails I remember being on were JET and one that ran parallel with it. My heart was hammering so much on the climb that I thought it was going to explode. Smoking probably had something to do with that, though.

    How were trail conditions in the Brandon Hills? Are they dry?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    I found that same parks Canada site, I was just hoping someone may be able to steer me in one direction or another as to what is worth riding and what I could skip, looks like I will only have time to sample 2 or 3 of the trails.

    Brandon hills were dry and in good shape, maybe a bit overgrown in a few places, but still rideable, and you were right in your earlier post, there is poison ivy somewhere out there... oh well, it was still worth it

    -Bryce

  36. #36
    Single Speed Nation
    Reputation: great_big_abyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    133
    So it looks like somebody did some work on the High trail in Whittier Park recently. I'm talking about the trail that runs along the south side of the rail embankment, the one that runs by the dirt jump section. Earlier this season it was in terrible shape. Washed out in many places and almost unrideable in some. That seems to have been fixed now, because I rode it just last week, and I don't remember seeing anything unusual or having to balance my way across an eroded area.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    388
    Its been ridable for a few months now...its still eroding year after year in some spots tho.

    I like to call it "upper railway", sometimes I wonder what everyone else calls it...I guess I know now!

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    does anyone think a website/forum would be valuable to the mtb community in manitoba? a site that would have trail info, possibly some news, and a place to connect to setup group rides, share info, and swap parts?
    Thinking on ways to encourage mountain bike riding in winnipeg and the rest of the province. To develop community and ride our beloved steeds together.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrow4jc
    does anyone think a website/forum would be valuable to the mtb community in manitoba? a site that would have trail info, possibly some news, and a place to connect to setup group rides, share info, and swap parts?
    Thinking on ways to encourage mountain bike riding in winnipeg and the rest of the province. To develop community and ride our beloved steeds together.
    Makes sense. Maybe the MCA (Manitoba Cycling Association) could be convinced to provide webspace? Or are you thinking something not affiliated with any official organization / bike shop?

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    That sounds like a good idea, not sure how to go about implementing it... Just something like the trails section here, but more up to date, and with more accurate trail info. I would be willing to help with the trail stuff, I try to keep track of where I have ridden, and how to get there should I ever want to return, it would be easy enough to add a few pictures to help people find things.

    -Bryce

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    I'm thinking something not affiliated with shops and orgs. Keeps things unbiased and well less "political" that way. I would be open to banner ads sponsored by shops though since it would help pay for the cost of running such a site. But strictly speaking not something run by a particular shop. In encouraging community, I think there's value in seeing all shops get fair business props, as well seeing them "collaborate" together some.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    132

    website

    a Manitoba mountain bike / cycling site would be alright - specially for trails. i like the "neutral" idea, NOT club affiliated. There are some small clubs (not shop sites).
    http://www.bikeclub2003.blogspot.com/
    http://thetrainingcoopblog.blogspot.com/
    http://altonabikeclub.blogspot.com/
    http://oneloveonegear.blogspot.com/
    http://www.redriverracing.ca/
    http://chatter.mitcycling.com/
    http://brandonbikeclub.blogspot.com/

    there are a LOT of MB blogs - mostly racers or clubs, some are good, some are crap. the club I belong to (Tinker Creek Cycle) has one, but it is mostly club stuff.
    http://www.tinkercreekcycle.ca/

    the question is what kind of site and who's baby is it? who will maintain it LONG TERM. these kinda things often get set up, two or three updates, then it dies. it needs a REAL commitment.

    the best site of this kind I can recall here was G4s.org which was a site developed by former Rocky Mountain pro Neil Grover. but even he shut that down after a year or two.

    i think it would basically need to just be a bulletin board, another Blog site does not let just anyone submit. And how do you get MB riders to use the site? How do you get the site traffic, so we ALL find out about more trails and all that good stuff?

    Those are my thoughts. I support the idea, but it needs to be well done and open to anyone. I don't think it would be anything more than you have going right here really.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Agreed with a lot of what newtrail said, it's not easy, and can be quite a bit of work. The MCA association isn't a bad idea if they would help out, but it's hard to get the commitment needed from a neutral source (ie not a shop or club) and maybe something like the MCA would be as close as you could get?

    The other option would be potentially trying to clean up and re-organize the Manitoba trails section on here, there seems to be a lot of duplicate or old info in there:

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/trails-ar...S_4524crx.aspx

    I'm not sure what would be involved with a re-organization/removal/more detailed trail info added to that section would involve, but perhaps that would be an option that wouldn't require quite as much work?

    As great as letting anyone submit trail info can be, it can also be a nuisance, where you end up with people posting what they consider a MTB trail, but not what others may consider a MTB trail, but you don't want to keep people from contributing good info... I'm not really sure how you find that balance...

    -Bryce

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thekrow4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    171
    anyone up for a group ride tomorrow afternoon? I was planning to head to Bur Oak or possibly check out the new U of M trail. maybe both

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    77
    Damn I would have gone if I wasn't nursing a volleyball injury and coaching in a tournament tonight, any other time you are going post away and I may be able to make it.

    -Bryce

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TNT-Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    418

    YES . . . Winnipeg

    Quote Originally Posted by Si[xXx]er
    Winnipeg, you?

    -Bryce

    Hi Guys! What are the trails there in Winnipeg?

    Thanks!

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    388
    Here is a link to some trails around winnipeg that doesn't exist on the current manitoba cyling page.

    Can we plan a MTBR group ride sometime next week and have confirmations? It works better for me...

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Snipem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20
    I moved out of Winnipeg over two years ago and now live in Brandon! I must say the the brandon hills are gold for riding and only 15 min from my doorstep! Riding mt park is also huge with not bad riding but I still have to explore that area more.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipem
    I moved out of Winnipeg over two years ago and now live in Brandon! I must say the the brandon hills are gold for riding and only 15 min from my doorstep! Riding mt park is also huge with not bad riding but I still have to explore that area more.
    True that on the Hills. I'd hope there'd be some good riding nearby - you deserve some compensation for living in Brandon.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Snipem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20
    Haha I thought that also when I first moved here but after being here it has everthing you need kinda like living in St Vital with one of everthing.....and like I said great for outdoors people like me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •