mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Longer BC ride recommendations

Three of us are coming up to Western BC from Oregon for a week of rippin' singletrack. We are probably going to concentrate around Whistler and out on Vancouver Island. May head up to the Chilcotins as well. We like longer singletrack rides, 50-80K. Technical is great but not seeking out significant built terrain riding. So much to chose from and ways of linking trails together that any ride recs would be appreciated. Will trade down low Pac NW beta, or even Oregon microbrew.

Cheers!

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: Longer BC ride recommendations

I don't know, I thought I would do the same with three weeks, and I wanted to do squamish and the gold coast too, but I ended up spending the whole time on Vancouver Island. It's a big area. Think of what you want to ride and consider drive time from point to to point. Three weeks goes by fast and I think its a lot of fun to familiarize with an area. For myself, went to Sooke, Cowichan Bay, and Courtenay. Tons of riding in those areas. Mt. Washington seems to be enough for what I wanted out of park riding considering I've got a trail bike.

Have fun

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    For Whistler try all the old Samurai of Singletrack routes. Google is your friend there. Routes are approx 40 - 60k.

FYI 40k of Whistler singletrack will take you the same time to cover as 100k of OR singletrack.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    this is a hard request to answer, too many trails, but lee's answer is good. Whistler trails are slow and tech for the most part, comfortably numb is like 25k but will take some people all day. the samurai routes will link up a lot of classic trails, you could try to ride the whole crankworx enduro course for a good ride although it would be a lot of fire road climbs. A friend was telling me he did a loop of Hey Bud > Yummy Numby > Golden Door > Comfortably Numb loop > Foreplay which sounds sweet but hey bud is a pretty steep nasty one! kill me thrill me-comf numb-jeffs trail or young lust would be cool... on the sunshine coast take the ferry with just bikes and do something like sprockids and up hwy 102 then some stuff around bnk (viper mach chicken pumpkin patch) then back down 102 and lap sprockids trails till you gotta catch the ferry back

i haven't mentioned anything in squamish or the island, you're gunna need more than a week!
    I'm headed to oregon next week so I'll see if the trails are really twice as fast haha

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    this is a hard request to answer, too many trails, but lee's answer is good. Whistler trails are slow and tech for the most part, comfortably numb is like 25k but will take some people all day. the samurai routes will link up a lot of classic trails, you could try to ride the whole crankworx enduro course for a good ride although it would be a lot of fire road climbs. A friend was telling me he did a loop of Hey Bud > Yummy Numby > Golden Door > Comfortably Numb loop > Foreplay which sounds sweet but hey bud is a pretty steep nasty one! kill me thrill me-comf numb-jeffs trail or young lust would be cool... on the sunshine coast take the ferry with just bikes and do something like sprockids and up hwy 102 then some stuff around bnk (viper mach chicken pumpkin patch) then back down 102 and lap sprockids trails till you gotta catch the ferry back

i haven't mentioned anything in squamish or the island, you're gunna need more than a week!
    I'm headed to oregon next week so I'll see if the trails are really twice as fast haha
    In OR you can actually use your big ring on singletrack. Insanely buff and fast.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/