mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010

Just watched the west coast trail, anything similar for mountain biking?

Would like to hear about anything similar for mountain biking on the island? That hike looks sick by the way! thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Good riding in Nanaimo

There is loads of awesome riding to be had on Vancouver Island. Nanaimo is just one area I would recommend you explore. I've ridden the Doumont Trails and they are super fun! Freeride and all-mountain, along with a number of downhill runs. To find out more check out the following website: http://www.island.net/~pmcgarri/ (a website with maps to all the rides in the area).

I'll post some of these on bikepirate.com, by April. In the meantime, I hope the link above is useful.

Cheers!

bikepirate

mixed martial biker
    Jun 2010
    thanks Very much my friend!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Have any of you been on the West Coast TrailI? It looks amazing and I am considering making that trek

mtbr member
    I've done it. It's great, but you need to reserve to hike it now. It's quite popular. The record is around 8 hours, most folks take 5-7 days. I hiked it with a group in 3 days, and that was sorta gnarly. 5 is probably ideal.

I don't know anything like it for the bike on the Island. I'd compare it to 7 Summits or the Spruce Lake area in the Chilcotin for similar levels of rad on the bike.