mtbr member
    May 2013

Just moved to Calgary

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dan and I just landed a job in Calgary at a Digital Marketing agency. I moved from Toronto and have 0 knowledge of the Calgary area. Is there any XC trails close by the Bridgeland area? I have rode to Nosehill and that's about it. I don't have a car so if there are great trails just outside of Calgary I would appreciate someone who can bum a ride!

Again, I have no knowledge of the area and I've only been living in Calgary for 2 weeks so any information is appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    Dan

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    bikepirate is a good site for trail info I'm in banff, so no real idea on calgary riding. Fish creek in the south?
    good ski/bike deals at www.mntlion.com

My life is better than your vacation.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks for the information! I haven't heard of bike pirate before but I will check their site out! Fish creeks a bit of a bike ride to get to but maybe I'll try it this weekend if the weathers nice

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Check out these threads on pinkbike:

Official Calgary Riders Thread - Page 616 - Pinkbike Forum

Trail Conditions for Calgarians - Page 894 - Pinkbike Forum

The best in-city xc riding is COP Eastlands IMO. Lots of options for day/weekend trips in the Rockies/West Bragg/Moose Mountain. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Looking for in town fun try starting at nose hill and then make your way to Bowmont park, ride though Bowness over to Eastlands a few laps around there then head back up. I can usually put together a good 2 to 3 hour ride around town from my house and not ride too much road, coming from the top of Edworthy Park.

There is also Tuscany hill - 12 mile coulée trails. And there is a bunch of stuff by Stoney trail bridge you can get to though the trailer park at the edge of Bowness. I have ridden that stuff once or twice but not too much, so I would get lost in there riding by myself.

There is also a few meet up groups in town that you can join to meet people and ride with on weekends.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog