rides with camera

Judgement day is nigh. Mountains anyone?

I booked Friday off of work "just in case" to head up to Jasper to do a day trip. If anybody
    wants to join me let me know. I would like to hit the Overlander trail as it`s been years since I`ve been on there. The last time we spotted bears and heard strange things in the forest. Thus, there is no way I`m ever going there alone.

Would be a good day of riding, after Overlander, a trip up the bench and down to North Face pizza, then home and await our judgements on Saturday...Gulp

If anybody wants to: pm me or just post on here.
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    I'm racing this weekend but definitely interested most other weekends.
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

rides with camera
    Sounds good.I hope to make a few trips out there this season at least. Things could be changing by the weekend now.

Good luck in Terwilliger this weekend...
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    I'd been in for some day trips out to Jasper too. This weekend doesn't work for me either, but I do have most every Friday booked off of work this summer for stuff just like this. Be sure to post up when you're planning on going again.

mtbr member
    I tentatively have Fri, June 10th off - how does that line up with your schedules?? It is my EDO so I can always rebook it for another day during the month...

mtbr member
    I'm good for June 10th.

rides with camera
    I could get the 10th off as well. As it gets closer I`ll get in touch with you guys.
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Sounds good. Hopefully with the long notice, others might be able to make the trip as well.

P.S. You're welcome on the log. A few of us did some clearing a few days ago to clear out some of the trails that we were riding that day.

mtbr member
    If there is another day that works better let me know as I can easily change my EDO

mtbr member
    I've got the 10th off. I'm still in if anybody else is. Just a bump for the thread.

rides with camera
    I should easily get the 10th off so I`m good to go
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Awesome! I'll PM/post back in this thread early next week for details.

mtbr member
    i cant that weekend however keep me posted on other days you guys decide to go. Be for warned im a beginner but in excellent shape *thank you army*

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Let us know how it went when you get back..

We're (married out of shape couple but like to ride) heading out to Jasper some time the week of June 26.. maybe ride some trails but the prospect of meeting momma elk and the three bears are kinda scary (especially for the missus)...

Is bike theft a problem? We'll probably tent camp it somewhere, and put the bikes in the car at night...

rides with camera
    Quote Originally Posted by Silv View Post
    Let us know how it went when you get back..

We're (married out of shape couple but like to ride) heading out to Jasper some time the week of June 26.. maybe ride some trails but the prospect of meeting momma elk and the three bears are kinda scary (especially for the missus)...

Is bike theft a problem? We'll probably tent camp it somewhere, and put the bikes in the car at night...
    The trip was kiboshed, the weather forecast and other factors unfortunately kept us from going.

Bike theft is a problem pretty much everywhere you go (Edmonton, Jasper... all over Alberta, North America) If you take the smart precautions and keep the bikes locked in the car you did all you can do.If they want them badly, the crafty little d-bags will get them.

Stop in at Freewheel cycle, they have great little trail maps, and will give you good advice on where is good to go at the time...
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Anyone want to go to Jasper Juy 29th last friday of the month. I have some time off work so maybe put something together and get a bunch of ppl to go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
    Anyone want to go to Jasper Juy 29th last friday of the month. I have some time off work so maybe put something together and get a bunch of ppl to go
    That might work, but jsut in case you don't already know, the 24 Hours of Adrenaline in Canmore is the 23/24th and the Canada Cup race is the same weekend in Edmonton.....so you might have some riders that would be up for it that are otherwise spent or still in recovery mode....I know I'll be .

mtbr member
    ya for sure let me know you for sure. im still a novice rider but love to get out and i think the only way to get better is to ride as much as i can. where is the canada cup held in edmonton may have to go and watch

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    I may well be in Jasper at that time as well. Post again when the time gets closer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PVR View Post
    I may well be in Jasper at that time as well. Post again when the time gets closer.
    will do for sure be nice to get a few ppl to go up with. what kind of bike would you reccomend for jasper.

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    will do for sure be nice to get a few ppl to go up with. what kind of bike would you reccomend for jasper.
    Hope we can meet up at the end of July. You can have a good time on most any bike. I have ridden a hard tail on the trails quite a few times and at least one of the shop guys at Freewheel Cycle rides a fixie!

I have to admit I love my dual suspension trail bike (5.5 in travel). It gives me more confidence and is certainly easier on the body on long rides.

mtbr member
    sweet good to know thanks. I ride a hard tail so thats why i asked

mtbr member
    where is the canada cup held in edmonton may have to go and watch
    http://www.edmontoncanadacup.com/

mtbr member
    so unfortunatly I wont be able to go to Jasper on the 29th of July as something came up with work and cant get the time off.

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    We're heading off to Jasper in another week and will be there through the end of the month. Anybody who would like company for some trail riding please give me a shout.