Thread: Hello everyone!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Hello everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has been up on the Jumpingpound/Cox trail yet and if so, how snowy (or hopefully not) it might be. Will be in the Calgary this weekend and was hoping to get up there.
    Thanks much!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDad View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has been up on the Jumpingpound/Cox trail yet and if so, how snowy (or hopefully not) it might be. Will be in the Calgary this weekend and was hoping to get up there.
    Thanks much!
    Rain, rain and more rain for the next few days - with snow down to the 1800 m level in the Canmore forecast. I think Cox and Jumpingpound are over 2200 m.

www.bikepirate.com/trail-report has a report for Cox from May 20th - still snowy up there at that time.

PinkBike's Trail Conditions for Calgarians has some suggestions for which trails drain faster in the Bragg Creek area - but if the rain doesn't let up, quick draining may not make much difference. That page (and pages before and after) also has a list of what trails NOT to ride in the wet - I'd imagine the trail builders/maintainers would appreciate observance...

Gotta love spring time in the Rockies!