mtbr member

Headed to Squamish next weekend. Areas to ride?

My girlfriend has a race that starts at the "Squamish Waterfront". I'll be bringing my steel hardtail up to ride. I'm hoping I can be recommended some sweet single track that's not too far drive from her race.

Thanks in advance.
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

ups and downs
    Drop by Tantalus or Corsa bikes and pickup a SORCA trail map.

You don't mention what kind of race your girlfriend is doing, but if it's swimming, kayaking or wind surf related then you're likely going to be close to the Mamquam Blind Channel at the south end, so you're a few minutes ride from Valleycliffe and Crumpit Woods trails. Lots of excellent singletrack to ride there, a combo of blue intermediate and black diamond.

If 2-3 hours worth of riding isn't enough, about 7-8 minutes drive to the North are the Garibaldi Highlands trails. A 10-12 minute drive to the North gets you to the Alice Lake Park area and there's the trails around the highway elevation like White Rabbit, Wonderland and the nest of trails on the west side of the highway, or above Alice Lake there's the trails that are part of the Test of Metal. Squamish isn't huge, so those driving distances account for the traffic lights not the distances involved.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Thanks.

That was great info. She has a trail running race that starts in the down town. I don't mind driving 15 to 30 minutes to ride though. I did some research and will probably hit up Wonderland, White Rabbit, etc. one day and then hit up Garibaldi Highlands another day.

I will stop by one of the bikes shops you've listed to get some more info. Thanks again!
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

ups and downs
    They have the August 11th trail running race route posted and it uses a lot of the MTB trails between Garibaldi Heights and into the heart of the Alice Lake trails, So ironically your GF will see many of the classic Squamish MTB trails on foot while you're picking some trails to ride.

Race Day - Arc'teryx Squamish 50 mile trail race

Coho Park Trail
    4-Play over to The Covenant
    Brackentrail
    Crouching Squirrel Hidden Monkey. to Debeck's Hill
    Rigs In Zen
    Crouching Squirrel (again)
    Mid-Life Crisis
    Jack's Trail (north)
    Four Lakes Trail
    Mike's Loop
    Credit Line