mtbr member
    Jun 2013

equivalent of ranger summit-strange brew?

Hi,

I'm a beginner biker. Before the flood hit I rode ranger summit to strange brew in bragg creek and really enjoyed it.

Could someone recommend a similar ride in a location that wasn't hit by floods (banff?) I'm looking for something where you'll get a good workout going uphill, followed by a downhill which is still pretty easy like in strange brew.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmojorising8 View Post
    Hi,

I'm a beginner biker. Before the flood hit I rode ranger summit to strange brew in bragg creek and really enjoyed it.

Could someone recommend a similar ride in a location that wasn't hit by floods (banff?) I'm looking for something where you'll get a good workout going uphill, followed by a downhill which is still pretty easy like in strange brew.

Thanks
    Not sure if you are only looking for day trips, if not, then Fernie has lots of great options for you!

Shuttles R 4 Pussies
    You can still ride Ranger Summit and Strange Brew. I've been out twice this week, and the trails are in great shape, aside from a handful of wet spots. Everything is drying up nicely. Last night there were about a dozen cars of people out there riding.

The only access to the west Bragg and Moose Mountain trails now is from the north side via the West Bragg trailhead parking lot (I used to ride them from the south side via Hwy. 66, but that's closed now). Ranger Summit connects directly to the parking lot, and after dropping down Strange Brew you can connect back to the parking lot via Boundary Ridge. Earlier in the week there was a homemade road block about a kilometer before the parking lot (couldn't tell why it was there after I rode in). It has now been removed and you can drive in and park at the creek crossing at the entrance to the parking lot (they don't want cars going over the creek crossing, so you will need to park on the road and ride in the last 50 meters).

Check out my trail report at Bragg Creek trails - Page 2
    Last edited by BrentP; 06-27-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Screw the chairlift, I'm riding to the top. You're all worthless and weak!!!