mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Edmonton: Where to Ride?

I'm going to be in Edmonton from July 2nd until the 4th and looking to get a ride in each day. Looking for easy to find singletrack. Technical is good, plenty of km's too. Cheers.

rides with camera
    The best place to go would be Terwilliger park . There`s lots of great trails in the rest of the River Valley but it is hard to find them if you don`t know where to look .
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

EMBA Board member
    Go to edmmtnbike.ca and click on news races and rides this will give you the calendar of club rides and events. Rabbit hill is a lift operated bike park worth checking out, also Kinsmen in the downtown and pick a direction it goes on and off the paved trail but there's lots of fun to be had finding good trails there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks that's great. Anything else relatively close to the city worth checking out? Say within an hour or so?

Also, I'll have my 140mm trail bike in addition to my DH bike. Which is better suited to Rabbit Hill?
    Last edited by hurricanejoel; 06-25-2009 at 08:47 PM.

rides with camera
    Fort Saskatchewan has some good trails . As far as Rabbit hill goes I don`t venture out there too much . I`d say your dh bike though . Here is a link to pinkbikes Rabbit hill forum http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...threadid=41609

Cheers
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this one seemed like an appropriate topic.

Might be moving from Calgary back to Edmonton and wondering if some of you Edmonton riders might be willing to send me a PM to connect on Garmin Connect or Strava to get an idea of what the river valley riding is like. I wasn't into mountain biking when I left Edmonton several years ago.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Strava Global Ride Heatmap Obviously you've got all the road rides and commutes and it's missing things unless you really zoom in and refresh, but it's a good start.

mtbr member
    Thanks Kavtor. I've never seen that before; very cool way of showing some of the rides. I was hoping to see some ride profiles though to see what sort of distances, elevation profiles, etc. exist within the river valley riding. If there is a way to get that from that link, I haven't been able to figure it out.

I'll try going on to Strava and Garmin to see if I can just search for rides by map though. Something tells me that might be an option, after I thought about it a bit more.

mtbr member
    That heat map is cool, but most the good stuff has the lowest heat.

I probably haven't tracked a ride all year, but I do have a bunch of old endomondo ones I could share.

Let's see if this works:

Giant Goldbar, Hawrelak, Mackinnon, Victoria (errors) | Mountain biking Workout | Endomondo

mtbr member
    Thanks a bunch NewFangled. I've never used that website but it looks like a great tool for tracking rides. Definitely gives me what I'm after.

mtbr member
    I tend to stick centralish, but a bit southwest of that is another big section of trails from Terwillegar park out past Henday. And just northest is Cambodia which extends to the strathcona science park. If you ask in the Edmonton-winter thread someone else might have some other gps tracks.

mtbr member
    Hey Steamer19,

When you see the Edmonton spring 2014 thread pop up, feel free to post a general meetup for a ride. I've met up with some of the guys here to show them first hand some of our trails. I don't think you'd have any issues getting a few people to come out and show you a couple of different trails and such.