mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Edmonton: Where can I find a bike appraiser?

I need to get my bike appraised so my renter's insurance can cover more than the standard $1000/bike reimbursement provided with my coverage. If anyone can point me to the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I am in Edmonton.

Thanks!

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    A reputable bike shop will do quotes and evaluations of bikes for insurance purposes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ok, thanks, I will try that..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ok, just called a number of reputable bike shops in town.. United Cycle, Hardcore, Western Cycle.. and none of them do it. United Cycle and Western Cycle only do it for brands they carry or bikes they have sold. I have a Foes FXR and since River Valley Cycle (only Foes dealer in town) has shut down it seems im sh!t out of luck.

So if anyone has any info out there I'd greatly appreciate it.. really not enthused that my insurance would only reimburse me $1000 for a $6000 bike without this stupid appraisal. And I don't know why they wouldn't accept an invoice when the bike shops that do their appraisals just base it on MSRP anyway..

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Maybe it's time to try the disreputable bike retailers :-). Seriously though, you might try contacting Foes directly.

mtbr member
    Check Revolution, they used to be a Foes dealer.