Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Rode the trails between science park and goldbar again. I always find more stuff when I go through here. I found Wally, Pot Luck, Pokey, Bed Bug trail... can't believe I never knew about this stuff before. Anyone else familiar with it? I extends off what I've always considered "cambodia trail" that goes from these trails west to goldbar.
    Some of the best technical riding I've seen in the city. And some of the funniest. Stellar trails.

mtbr member

Re: Edmonton - Spring 2013

Where did you find the names on these?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    2012 camber carbon for sale.
    Norco range on way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    someone has put signs at the entrances to each of them. Three of the trails have the same start point, and branch out

here's a link to where they are in google maps Google Maps

mtbr member
    Got out today this morning. Had some rain, some mist, and a bit of sun. Cambodia and area all good! Old Timers and area all good!

mtbr member
    Ah, lovely June. And we're supposed to get at least another week of this.

Took my road~ish bike out for a 40km rainy pavement cruise today. Anyone else having fun?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post

Took my road~ish bike out for a 40km rainy pavement cruise today. Anyone else having fun?
    Does staring out the window longingly count as fun?

mtbr member
    I hit my usual trails on the way home tonight - keillor, laurier, mckinnon, groat & victoria - and they were all nice and dry. A mud hole here and there, but totally rideable.

The north end(s) of Victoria secret are getting threatened for some condo construction that might be happening in the area. They've moved in some barricades and fencing, and the end right by the bridge is clear (for now), but the other one is sortof blocked.

mtbr member

Got out Sunday for a good ride. Mostly multi, a little bit of snotty single track, and the rest paved. Was covered in mud right away, but all in all, it was a good ride.

Did some trail work with Hardcore tonight in the old Queen Elizabeth park. Many trees were removed and bush cut back. The trail along the old brewery is much better now. Trails were a bit greasy in spots, but other than that, all appeared to be pretty good.

mtbr member
    A bunch of the low-lying stuff like lower ewok and the university are underwater. As of saturday afternoon the river is still probably 1/2m below where it was in 2011.

Rode some singletrack too, and it was in good shape except for the old timers' cabin which was slimy and gross.

I was saying the north end of Victoria Secret was getting some condo construction, but I think it's actually storm sewer or possibly bridge prep instead.

And the neon green worms of doom have returned as well.

mtbr member
    Got out with Gord962 for a good romp. Like Newfangled, said, lots of trails are underwater. Emily Murphy Park to Kinsmen - under water, Fort Edmonton multi use trail - under water.

Wolf Willow Creek/Patricia Ravine are in great shape! Old Timer's a bit slimy as mentioned already. Downhill trails from the residential neighborhood to multi use trail just west of Hawerlak Park are good.

Random crappy cellphone shots:

mtbr member
    So were you guys between Keillor and Hawrelak? Those banks took a beating in 2011 and since then seemed to be barely hanging on.

mtbr member
    Yep. The embankment has been cut away even more. The actual trails were dry, surprisingly

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Trails are getting better daily. Rode University, Mackinnon, Groat Rd, Old Timers and Mill Creek yesterday. All were as muddy as you would expect, with Old Timers being the worst (as mentioned above).

Rode quickly through Old Timers and Mill Creek tonight - still muddy but a noticeable improvement from yesterday, even with the rain overnight and this afternoon.

mtbr member
    Interesting weekend, with government house park, mckinney park, the Edmonton queen dock, the walterdale construction, and the kinsmen cc trail underwater on sunday:

You know the water is high when the lower part of the LRT bridge's piers disappear

The Keillor trails were still there on monday (this one is normally 20' up from the water):

mtbr member

That section of keillor>hawrelak that is always collapsing has collapsed quite a bit more. And the rest of that trail has gotten a lot narrower - the trail is basically still there, but the "extra" stuff is all in the river.

mtbr member

Took the gravel MUP in cloverdale that had been underwater, and I got so clogged that my cranks completely locked up. I was glad to be on the singlespeeed because at least it was fairly easy to clean out.

I avoided low stuff like lower ewok, but everything higher up was in pretty good shape. The kinsmen cc had been underwater, and was pretty messy and rutted but rideable.

mtbr member
    With the forecast, hopefully a bunch of trails dry out this weekend. That's nasty!

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    Hey campers... it has been too long.

Rode through Millcreek the other night and it was not too bad and I broght my mud friendly bike, yesterday I went out to Pigeon Lake and rode on the much diminished beaches and along the lake trail.

I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

mtbr member
    That's a pretty clean mud bike. I can't remember what's going on with the drivetrain - is it a 3spd with the barend shifter for the front derailleur?

mtbr member
    Any trail reports? Was gone this past weekend and looking to go out tonight. Old Timer's, Kinsmen, Mill Creek, Ewok areas. Just figuring out what bike to take out.

mtbr member
    Well if it helps I rode my fair-weather hardtail today, for the first time since May.

I think things should be good. Yesterday everything was nice and dry, except for a few permanent mudholes. It sounds like the northside got quite a storm last night, but centrally there was barely any rain.

I think lower ewok is probably a no-go, but the kinsmen stuff that had been underwater was basically fine on the weekend.

mtbr member
    Great, thanks for the update!

mtbr member
    Oh and the little pump-track trail in cloverdale might also be iffy, since the mup along there is where I picked up all the mud in the photo.

And, while the trails might be in good shape the neon green worms have returned with a vengeance. I think the worst place I saw them was the trail east of the old QE pool, but they were all over the southside. So if you're in a group, make sure you're not first.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    That's a pretty clean mud bike. I can't remember what's going on with the drivetrain - is it a 3spd with the barend shifter for the front derailleur?
    It is a 3 by 1 now... installed both bar ends so I am ready to drop in the 8 speed wheel.

I washed off all the previous day's mud in the lake...

I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

mtbr member
    Got out last night. Mill Creek is all good, Rolling Through Rowland has a new ladder bridge right after/before to the existing skinny bridge and the trail is in great shape. Cadillac has a big ass tree over the trail. Mid Ewok is all good, but again, a big ass tree over the trail right at the apex of the short power rooty climb area. Capilano boat launch under water still and the multi from Gold Bar over to the Rundle Park pedistrian bridge is sand/silt from the flooding.

Cambodia is good. Some slippery spots, but no greasy mud all in all. Second major bridge over by the pedestrian bridge/Capilano Park area is still washed out, but you can still access the rest of the trails by taking the old Camobia line up by the pump station. Lots of mosquitos in Cambodia, lots of dragon flys by the radio controlled helicopter/plane area in the Strathcona Science Park.

Quite a bit of tree branches down on the multis. The multi from Rolling through Rowland to the Dawson Bridge has a pretty good wash out area where the multi path only has about a foot and half of trail with the rest of the trail in the river.

With the wind/rain/hail storm we had Tuesday night, I saw hardly no green worms anywhere!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast