mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Current Mt Fromme Trail Conditions?

How are the trails looking at Mt. Fromme? I'm coming up from Washington this weekend, never have ridden there but heard many are rideable in the winter. Any recommendations for trails in the North Vancouver area would be awesome!

ups and downs
    Monster rainfall this week and into Saturday, the trails are going to be very wet. Bring your grippiest tires for the wood. This Pineapple Express likely hasn't dumped much snow down low, but I seem to remember seeing a trail day on Espresso was cancelled because of snow so that would be between the 3rd and 5th switchback (1500-1700' elevation).
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ak57 View Post
    How are the trails looking at Mt. Fromme? I'm coming up from Washington this weekend, never have ridden there but heard many are rideable in the winter. Any recommendations for trails in the North Vancouver area would be awesome!

Trails are rivers at the moment. Snow is lower on Fromme this winter than usual. It's dumping rain and riding in these conditions is extremely damaging to the trails. Plan your winter riding up here when there is a nice high pressure system over the area.

mtbr member
    this is a little guide to winter shore trails; 52 Winter Trails - NSMB.com Mountain Bike Reviews, News, Photo and Video
    Snow line is around 5th switch from what i've heard from a buddy who was riding last weekend. Pipeline, floppy bunny, natural high might be good ones i guess, lot's of rock.
    but the next little while is looking super wet, riding may not be the best idea. 50mm of rain thurs/fri/sat.

mtbr member
    nsmb.com is a pretty reliable source of info for conditions. There are whole threads dedicated to each area/mountain.