Thread: Cox Hill Photos

mtbr member

Cox Hill Photos

We were going to do an out-and-back on Cox Hill and Jumpingpound (a nice hardcore ride) but a storm forced us to turn around partway through the ride. So we basically only rode a portion of Cox...the rain made the descent even more interesting.

I didn't take very many pictures, and nothing of the really technical sections...but here is what I took.

Obligatory trailhead shot:

On the way up:

I figured I had better take a couple of shots while riding...don't want to disappoint anyone (doesn't everyone love blurry shots?!):

That's it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nice. I did Cox Hill about a week ago (perfect conditions) and while coming down, I came across a couple from Atlanta, walking their bikes up. They were doing the trail backwards and asked me how much longer to the top. They just about fainted when I told them it would take another hour, or so, of pushing. The couple had a map and I showed them the more common route up the mountain. They were going to try it again, later in the week.

How were you going to do an out and back of the Cox/Jumping pound route. Would you start on Jumping pound, go to Cox, down the major dh and then come back on the same route?

mtbr member
    Basically because we didn't want to ride the gravel road. We were going to do Cox first (up then top) to Jumpingpound Ridge then turn around and come back...saving the Cox descent for last.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by never
    Basically because we didn't want to ride the gravel road. We were going to do Cox first (up then top) to Jumpingpound Ridge then turn around and come back...saving the Cox descent for last.
    That makes sense and would be a good ride. I parked at the Dawson trail head, so I didn't have to ride on gravel at the end of the ride. It seems anti-climatic, after such a fun dh, to finish a ride on a gravel road. I found riding the gravel road first, gets the body warmed up for the big climb as well.

mtnjam
    just did Jumpingpound/Cox Hill ride last week....great ride, but super windy on the ridge...musta been the storm you guys rode in approaching

was the squirrel chewed Camelbak still hanging on the tree at the top of Cox Hill?

Members who have read this thread: 0