Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Comfortably Numb - out and back vs. young lust loop

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  austy37 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd love to do the whole of Comfortably Numb out to Lost Lake, but I probably don't have the time for that.

While the wife has a "spa day", I was figuring on getting CN in. It seems like Whistler Village -> CN -> Young Lust -> back would be a decent ride. Any thoughts?

Another option is driving to the trail head and just riding out and back, but is the preference for a one way trail? I'm likely planning on doing this early Thursday (probably 9:30/10ish) -- but certainly open to earlier...

Anyone riding it? :)

-j

#2 ·
It's an awesome trail. It's basically Comfortably Numb backwards. There's hiking in the Foreplay and middle section because you're reversing the usual downhill rockfaces but the route out from the mid-point to the Al Presidente bridge is fun going backwards.

You could do the Yummy Nimby climb (its on the most recent maps) which climbs better than hiking up Foreplay. Should you run out of time you could duck out on the BC Bike Race route and ride back to the village.

I would say though that there's a good chance you're going to run into snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.