Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can someone recommend a 30km XC ride from Whistler?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kudude 
#1 ·
I managed to figure out a way to get up to whistler this weekend. I'll be staying in one of the hotels, so that's where I want to start from.

I can't figure out where I am allowed to ride without buying a pass, but I'd like to go on a 4-5 hour XC solo ride. I'm a competent rider (been in better shape), and have a bit of experience near Seattle, Tahoe and Moab, so I'm not worried about anything not classified a double-black (what does black REALLY mean?)

Can anyone give advice on a loop they'd recommend? I've been looking online, but I can't figure out what to do. Something about "lost lake" area, or a trail called "comfortably numb"---

any help?

Thank a ton

#2 ·
Lost Lake is the beginner area. Nice XC trails for newbies.
Comfotably Numb is epic. 4 hours for a fast rider Take lots of food and water.
No cell service where you're going. Whistler XC is steep climbs, steep decents, rocks roots and tons of fun.
Buy the trail map or guide book, take the road out past Green Lake to the trail head.
If Comfortably Numb is too tough you can take the Young Lust turn off 90 minutes in and shorten up the ride.
Ton of people in Whistler this weekend with the Gran Fondo

#4 ·
Thanks for the insight -- looking at the map is Comfortably Numb an out-and-back? (nevermind, google helped me out). Looks like I'd probably be out for closer to 6 hours counting the ride over to the trailhead (unfortunately probably not an option to get a ride over).

I'm scanning around trying to find something more like a 3+ hr loop on the less "epic" side. Might need to bring some friends and have some real riding time to do Comfortably Numb + others

rockuphill -- you're probably right, but I'm going up there with my wife and will have a change to sneak off for a morning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.