mtbr member

Calgary inaugural bike to work day

lookie here

This Friday, Calgary is having their very first "bike to work" day. Good times, free things, and possibly a bit of rain or snow...

Double-metric mtb man
    Here's hoping that the snow clears up or that everyone has a mountain bike with good tires
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    dude I am going to brave the cold and snow and do it. I keep saying I am going to ride to work but I never do.
    It's go time

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    when biking to work this morning all of a sudden i see a group of people and citytv cameras on the bow pathway at the 10th st crossing. then a guy was yelling something like "thanks for riding your bike!" and handed off a norco water bottle - lol. i thought there was a race going on for a brief second.

there was a couple coupons for cyclepath south and sport swap and a patch kit in the bottle - score!

if you see a confused looking biker on citytv news covered in slush riding a cove handjob, that's me!
    Last edited by xcolin; 04-20-2007 at 09:07 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I rode...... again.

Stayed away from the noise thought they might have their radar out.

mtbr member
    I put the new bike together last night so I rode it and even though the commute is 30km, I still didn't pass anywhere that was handing out free shwag. I could see them on the south side of the river at 10th Street NW but the bike is heavy and slow so I didn't figure it was worth it to cross the bridge just for some free stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0