mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Brandon Hills Questions?

okay so I'm on holidays next week and I'm from Winnipeg. Going to goto the Brandon Hills for some mountian biking. Here's my questions...

1. How do I get there?
    2. Does it cost anything to ride there?
    3. Do I require a helmet? (yaya I'm saving up for one. Giro Zen or E2 I'm looking into!)
    4. With the fire bans on, is it safe to ride in the west? I know the east is not.

Anytime. Anywhere.

Lucky

You are in for a singletrack treat. Call A&L Cycle and Ski for latest conditions.

Drive to Brandon and tak the first left into town. Drive across the river and keep going untill you take a left on Richmond. I believe you take a right on 17th but check with A&L on this, I may have the wrong street. Follow this road, it turns to gravel but keep going, you'll see the hills up ahead. Toward the top of the ridge you'll see the sign on your left. Park in the lot and ride through the gate to the fork at the green sign. Here either go right up the wide xc ski trail about 1 - 1.5 km andturn left on the single track. Go another k to the bench and decide whether to go straight or turn left. Or back at the green sign fork go left on a faint looking track through an old gate in a fence. Follow this straight trail a bit but watch for the trail coming up quick on the right. Any way you go it's singletrack Nirvana. Wear a helmet, there's lots of trees and the trails are tight and twisty. Bring way too much water and food, the chance of getting disorientated is excellent. Mosquitoes and poison ivey are present so bring repellent and stay out of the shrubs. There are more trails than I can describe here although there was a rudimentary map available at A&L a few years ago.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Totally free, a real bargain. You will pay in sweat. Take too much water and food. Be prepared.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    any trails worth my wild?

Anytime. Anywhere.
    If you like tight, twisty singletrack you'll love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New but learning
    Jul 2006
    That sounds awesome! I've definitely got to try out those trails before the season is over. It sounds like it'll be well worth the 3 hour drive that I'll have to make to get out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0