mtbr member
    May 2012

Bike trail maps?

I am new to the whole trail riding and being out in the wilderness on my bike. I was curious if there is any businesses or sites that I can get maps? I bike around Calgary and area, also the southren parts of BC.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Downhill83; 06-14-2012 at 08:26 PM.

ups and downs
    Yep, there generally are regional and local trail maps available. But you need to give us a hint about where you're located or where you plan on vacationing if you want to get pointed the right direction. Western Canada is a big place. .
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    The regional/local trail maps are available at most bike shops here in Winnipeg, MB. I'm sure bike shops in your city have them too - or at least know where you can get one.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I live in Calgary(so in and around) and I vacation around the Shuswap/Okanagan in BC.

ups and downs
    Canmore Nordic Centre Trail map

West Bragg Creek Trails

Shuswap Area Trails

Bow Valley Mountain Bike Alliance (BVMBA)

Calgary Mountain Bike Alliance

And you'll want to pickup a used copy of Back Country Biking in the Canadian Rockies book by Doug Eastcott or subscribe to Trails.com to view the entries out of the book. And apparently it's available as an iPhone app
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 06-10-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Good work guys answering about the most poorly phrased question I've seen in a while!
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    good ski/bike deals at www.mntlion.com

My life is better than your vacation.

mtbr member
    Bike shops in local areas will usually carry maps or books, here in Fernie we put out a new trailbook last year for the area that is chock full of great riding. Rossland/Trail has a good fold out map as does Nelson.
    Usually the local bike clubs who do most of the trail maintenance get a cut from the sale of the maps and books, they are a great way to give back to the trails you will be riding on. I always make sure to pick up a new map wherever I am riding.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Nowadays bike racers are geeking out with a program called Strava. It has all sort of cool features the one you might be most interested in is it sort of creates an on-line map of all the trails in the area.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm a new poster so I can't post a link yet - but I've used opencyclemap dot org to find trails all over the place!

mtbr member
    Vancouver coastal area, Vancouver island, Kootenay area and Tompson Okanagan: Trailforks.com | Mountain biking trail database

Victoria/Sooke: Freak Maps - Free Maps

mtbr member
    May 2012
    @everyone: I would like to thank you guys/gals for helping me out(one person just added something irrelevant). I really do appreciate it. If anyone has anything else to add to help, please post. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Crowsnest Pass Trail Map

more to come..