mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Anything still snow-free in k-country or Bragg Creek?

I finally got the last parts for my new XC rig and wanted to get at least one ride in on it before winter. Am I too late? I thought maybe Powderface short loop might still be dry but with all the rain in Calgary it was probably snow in the mountains. Was anyone out last weekend on something relative snow free?

TIA
    MCM #269

"Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

mtbr member

plenty of time left

some of the best riding can be had in the fall, when the leaves are in full autumn colors. I was at Moose tonight and ya, it was wet, but it is not snowed in. By the weekend it will all be tacky goodness. Plenty of time to get that new XC rig out there. Don't miss this weekend

Angry Zebra from Hell
    We rode Powderface long loop on saturday, snow was manageable up to the big climb to the saddle. Downhill was aweson though.

We also did Jumpingpound ridge/Cox hill on sunday. There was snow on top but it was melting. These trails are mostly rock so it doesn't get very muddy. I personnally like the descents more in the snow.

I have ridden sulphur springs with over 6 inches of snow before, it really isn't that bad. Beides, the snow will surely all go away before November and we will have a few warm days yet!

mtbr member
    We are still snow free in Fernie, just wet but the weekend looks like it may be okay.
    Our High Roller Poker ride is on Saturday if you want to put in a bunch of miles in kind of a rolling party...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Can you guys post up some map links to where these trails are? I'm coming to check them out this upcoming weekend. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    If you are talking about the Fernie area, check www.bikefernie.ca or you can pick up the brand new trail guide in all the bike shops in Fernie.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Was riding at Moose Mountain yesterday. I did a couple of (free) shuttle runs on Race of Spades & it was in really good condition. Ridgeface, being a newer a trail, was quite muddy in parts - as was Tom Snow; the upper sections were a lot drier. It was a gorgeous afternoon & I was tempted to go & do Powederface as I suspect it was pretty dry up there too, if a little windy - but wanted to try some new trails so stuck to Station Flats area.