mtbr member
    Feb 2004

anyone from Calgary, Banff, Jasper and Vancouver???

hello folks,
    on Sunday I will be flying from Scotland to the holiday in the above mentioned destinations for 15 days. What is the weather like there at the moment? Is the forecast good? We are experiencing a heatwave over here (about as rare as hens teeth) and I'd would be gutted if we left that to get rain and cold over there when I expected the opposite!!
    cheers
    Martin

MTB B'dos
    it's amazing, there's this thing called the world wide web ortherwise known as the WWW, it has loads of useful info that requires a few words typed in to find the answer you're looking for. Pretty simple really, but you know about it since you found this site. You're just a lazy bum, 'cause asking someone from that area what the weather is like they will have to check the forcast on TV or the WWW same as you can - UNLESS they're a all seeing sage.

I entered weathercanada into my browser and went straight to this page, use google and you'll find a lot more pages, stop being a lazy sod.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hope these help. Have a nice vacation in Canada.

http://meteo.ec.gc.ca/canada_e.html

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    lynx
    thanks for being such a complete f*cking prick.
    I asked people who live there because the internet forecasts (from experience) can be unreliable so I thought people who live there and can look out a window / use their memory would be able to give me a better idea.
    If you haven't got anything usefull to say except for being a mouthy prick then dont bother relying to messages.Knob

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Calgary Rider and weather

Hey Martin
    I am in Calgary and currently the weather is cool and a bit of rain is forecast for the next few days, hopefully will get better by Tuesday or so. If you are in Calgary look at our site at www.deadgoat.ca and maybe come out for a ride.
    Cheers
    Tim

MTB B'dos
    You're so welcome, it was just in return for you being a lazy a$$ pr1ck !

Quote Originally Posted by martin
    lynx
    thanks for being such a complete f*cking prick.
    Use their memory, Look out the window LMAO You are definitely looking for sage. From my experience there I can give you a forcast - it could be sunny, rainy or even snowing, it could be +20 or -15, that's about how "from memory" a weather forcast you're gona get from Canada.
    I've been out and it was lovely around 0 degree Celcius, went into the mall for 2 hours and come back out to -20 and -15 windchill it is never the same year to year - not even close. and FYI the weather in Alberta is pretty nice right now, but by Sunday that could change, so using the internet or TV station to get predictions is the only real solution for anyone.

I asked people who live there because the internet forecasts (from experience) can be unreliable so I thought people who live there and can look out a window / use their memory would be able to give me a better idea.
    If you haven't got anything usefull to say except for being a mouthy prick then dont bother relying to messages.Knob
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

rjp
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    hello folks,
    on Sunday I will be flying from Scotland to the holiday in the above mentioned destinations for 15 days. What is the weather like there at the moment? Is the forecast good? We are experiencing a heatwave over here (about as rare as hens teeth) and I'd would be gutted if we left that to get rain and cold over there when I expected the opposite!!
    cheers
    Martin
    Martin:

I'm in Calgary and it looks like rain right through until Monday - after that, it's anyone's guess. Hope you have a great time while you're here and get a chance to do some riding out in K-country / Banff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Martin:

Regarding forecasts in Alberta, usually the 48 forecases online are pretty accurate. After that, anything can happen.

mtbr member
    Hi Martin. I live in Jasper and its been partly sunny, partly cloudy, with a constant chance of rain since the end of the winter. Its probably going to be like that all summer. REGARDLESS...... I guarrantee you that if its raining somewhere in the rockies, its probably not raining somwhere close. When you plan your rides, have a look in the area and keep a couple of alternative ideas in mind. The weather out here changes from valley to valley so theres no reason you cant ride every day. Plus, the soil here drains pretty quick so even if there is a downpour, you should be able to get out a couple of hours afterwards.

Also, if you need and trail info, dont hesitate to ask.

cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm Weather Canada

I tried weathercanada in my browser and came up with an actual weather site: www.geocities.com/broon66.geo/weathercanada.html

Figure that one out?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    hello folks,
    cheers
    Martin
    Hah left it a little late. Snow line is maybe 1895 m. Melting and rain forecast but they do not forecast the snow line. Could be anywhere.

Warming for the weekend with sun, expect to encounter snow and mud above 2000m or on north facing slopes. Most low lying areas will be quite wet.

Big Elbow little Elbow loop is gravelly and a great ride expect snow at tombstone pass.
    Ensure you carry warmth for at least -7C in the event of trouble.

We plan MoosePackers for fun in the mud and snow and sun Sunday.

I am on studs but everyone else is not. I will have problems on the rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0