mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm Alberta bikers? Represent!!!

Hey guys, I seriously consider quitting Québec city to a province that didn't elect such a group of morons... (PQ with P. Marois)

I already worked at CNRL a while ago, at this time I wasn't addicted to MTB. I'm single and only know a guy in Edmonton... is it easy to become in touch with good riders? Here, the best way is to get into a bike club and people are greats (Québec city folks are usually nice guys, PQ has been elected by "no one knows").

Well, I'm turning 31 in 1 month, in shape. I start looking for a job in a few days, got a shutdown to finish over here. If you know an Oil raffinery that is looking for a smart Tech in Instrumentation with 10 years experience, it's me

The winter skiing/snowboard is the other thing that would bring me to Alberta. I heard you got some nice ladies too...

It's the first rock into the water, can't wait to see a wave

mtbr member
    every Sunday at 11. The old decapo location, I think it is called Rossi now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i looked at 15 videos of MTB in Alberta, and so far, it looked like agressive freeride. Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItQfYdw5Nw

When a jump look impressived on a gopro, it is much more.

I got no videos up-to-date of what I can ride... new bike and my gopro is now fixed.

do you have any videos of your rides?

thanks for sharing infos

mtbr member
    the city is much tamer. Most of our riders on sundays are xc racers or new people, with a variety of bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    From what I understand of my readings, bike clubs everywhere else than Québec are small. I ride in a club with 325 members and I was a member of an other one of 400+ members. Everybody goes from the same place, same time. BUT, there is a classification by skills/shape level.

In my "squad", we are 15 and I got to say that we don't wait more than 30sec after a long climb (300m @ 30°?) followed by a technical part.

If I'm wrong tell me!!!!!!

mtbr member
    We usually have a group of 9 or 10 now that show regularly. varying fitness levels.

Shuttles R 4 Pussies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincyboy View Post
    i looked at 15 videos of MTB in Alberta, and so far, it looked like agressive freeride. Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItQfYdw5Nw
    That's because nobody bothers to post videos of the thousands of kilometers of incredible cross country trails we have here. The mountain areas west of Calgary are cross country heaven.
    Screw the shuttle, I'm riding to the top. You're all worthless and weak!!!

ups and downs
    Trails on the east slopes of the Rockies around Canmore and Kananskis will be a lot like the Mont Sainte Anne and St.Felicien trails, except that the Canmore trails start about 1400m elevation and climb to the point where you will be thinking an oxygen bottle will be more useful than a water bottle. The lower air pressure and humidity will dehydrate you quickly compared to Quebec.

One of these photos is shot at Mont Sainte Anne and the other at the Canmore Nordic Centre.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alberta bikers? Represent!!!-005.jpg  

Alberta bikers? Represent!!!-025.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
    That's because nobody bothers to post videos of the thousands of kilometers of incredible cross country trails we have here. The mountain areas west of Calgary are cross country heaven.
    It's a fact, why posting videos of trails that looks "normal" versus the videos from pro-rider? I have the point of view somedays, but sometimes I don't I started again to post videos this winter and I had some good feedbacks. Well, the real question is not "why?", it's "why not?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Trails on the east slopes of the Rockies around Canmore and Kananskis will be a lot like the Mont Sainte Anne and St.Felicien trails

My opinion, I hate mont sainte-anne... Weird way to build trails and to do maintenance. I hate to pay 14$ to ride that. Saint-Felicien was awesome 2 years ago but they don't care about their trails anymore and it's pretty sad.

I think I rode the half of all the trails of Québec, the nice half

I you ever come to Qc again and I'm still in town, send me PM. I'll show you the hot stuff!