mtbr member

29er 2x10 or 2x9 cranksets

i live on vancouver island im looking at upgrading my crankset/casset at the end of the season.

What are you running?

im contemplating 26/39 and 12-36 10speed.. possibly a sram x7 setup. currently im running a 22/32 with a 12-36 9 speed. sometimes i find the drop to granny not much and have to sift the rear to compensate so i dont spin out.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

conjoinicorned
    SRAM offers a much better range of gearing than shimano in the current offerings....I think shimano only offers a single range. Try to go x9 if you can find a deal.

I will continue to run 9 spd as long as possible...I couldn't imagine losing my granny (I was running 20x34)
    When someone comes out with a 22/34 I'll think of switching.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday View Post
    SRAM offers a much better range of gearing than shimano in the current offerings....I think shimano only offers a single range. Try to go x9 if you can find a deal.

I will continue to run 9 spd as long as possible...I couldn't imagine losing my granny (I was running 20x34)
    When someone comes out with a 22/34 I'll think of switching.

SRAM 22/36 Double Conversion Kit: On Test
    It's go time

mtbr member
    Got my hands on a slightly used X9 2x10 (26/39), currently running 2x9 (11/36). First impression the 26 tooth front ring is great, but its going to be a good work out to get crushing some of the steep hills the way i was on the 22. The higher end 39t is insanely fast, i am really happy with the change.

Looking forwards to two weeks biking all around the province at the end of August.
    2012 Giant Reign 1