mtbr member
    Feb 2010

1st Trip to Whistler, travelling on my own

I have the opportunity to come to Whistler by myself for a week (4-11 Aug 2012), and will be on my lonesome.

My plan is to ride the Bike Park primarily the whole time. Im coming over from Australia a week before my family (wife and 2 kids), bringing my own bike (951), and then we are driving around BC for a month so I will get the opportunity to do a little bit of riding at other places too.

Ive been looking at a couple of the package holiday companies, either bear back biking, or ticket to ride.They seem like the best option for me, get some guiding and hopefully meet some people to ride with for a few days, accom, food, etc. and get looked after a bit too. Ticket to ride do some interesting day trips to other areas that I might look at taking advantage of as well.

Has anyone had any experiences with these or similar companies? Any other suggestions or alternatives to what I should do? Im 33 if this makes a difference. I just want to ride as much as I can each day, drink some beers and then go to bed! It would be good to meet a few people to ride with for those days as well though.

Thanks in advance.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    jbrowne - I don't have personal experience with either tour company. See this package though which looks interesting The Raddest Rides in BC - Summer 2012
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks. Now Im confused!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hi
    We stayed with BearBack in 2008 for 2 weeks and they were excellent. Can't recommend them highly enough.
    We were pampered, fed great food and shown some amazing trails as well as being guided and coached in the park.
    I would definitely go with them again

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Use Endless Biking. Darren and his people got a shop in North Vancouver and get up to Whistler.

Stay at Lynn Valley B&B to ride Fromme and Seymour.

Kicking Horse, Kamloops and Squamish are good spots to visit since you're traveling around.

Don't forget about the valley trails if you're spending time in Whistler. Make a donation to WORBA and ride the valley for a day
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I agree Endless biking out of Nth Van,
    Darren and Kelly, the 3 local mtns to explore from skinnies to steeps. i'm from Oz originally and I totally agree with the above post.
    Whistler bike park you need to stay up there for a good few days minimum, you'll be sore after a day or two when not use to it.
    Pemberton, nth of whislter, Kelwona fast paced and big wooden stunts built really well so much.
    Maybe a tour company will be best option for you, to get the most out of your time with out the kids around

ok enjoy

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    jbrowne - I don't have personal experience with either tour company. See this package though which looks interesting The Raddest Rides in BC - Summer 2012
    Thanks Lee, and the others who have offered information.

I have changed tack and Im now bringing the nomad instead of the dedicated dh rig and have booked in on the tour that Lee linked in the quote above All-Mountain Mountain Bike Tours in British Columbia, Canada - Sea to Sky - Big Mountain Bike Adventures

I figure its the best way to get around and get the most out of my time.

Justin

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Justin - good choice on the Nomad. Awesome do-it-all bike that'd be a lot of fun around here
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Grip it and rip it.
    Stay in the southside lodge hostel if you want to have some fun and save money .
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com