mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Bonking ... not feelin' well *STOLEN* Yellow/Black 2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport

My Yellow 2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport was stolen from the bike rack in front of Superstore on King George HWY in Surrey Sunday afternoon. The bike was stolen by cutting the Kryptonite cable lock I was using. (My friends bike was locked up next to mine and had cut marks on the cable, but they didn't get through it.)

The bike was equipped with black Crank Brothers Mallet C pedals and Specialized Nimbus 1.5" slick tires. They also made away with the cheap matching yellow Raleigh helmet that I had attached to the cable lock.

Any information leading to the recovery of the bike would be much appreciated. Any information leading my foot to the thieves arses will also be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    And the scouts didn't see this going on?
    Damn, The week before we saw some guy riding a Norco Team Dh near there (Probably stolen), I never ride my bike to places like that, that's what beater bikes are for, right?
    Hopefully somebody will find it/ police find it...

-Markiiu

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    This happened last Sunday, 10.22.06. There weren't any Scouts there when this happened... none that I saw anyway. The sad part is that I'm sure there were people who saw this going on but said and did nothing about it. It was a busy afternoon and there was a steady flow of people in and out of the store so it's hard to imagine no one seeing anything.

I junked my beater bike months ago since it was in complete disrepair and wasn't worth sinking a tire patch into nevermind the extensive time effort and money it would have taken to get it up to par. Plus it was taking up too much space...although it might be time to invest in some ceiling hooks and another beater, all things considered.

mtbr member
    It's pretty sad but you can't rely on anyone from stepping in when it comes to a bicycle theft in progress.

A few years ago, I locked my Gary Fisher Sugar to some light pole using some rusty old chain with some integrated combination lock. When I came back a few minutes later, I realized that the rust had seized up the combination rollers and I couldn't remove the chain.

So what did I do ? I walked over to a local bike shop 10 minutes away and asked them to borrow a bolt cutter. To my surprise, they handed it to me with no questions asked. I walked over to my bicycle with bolt cutters in hand, snapped the chain and took off with the bike.

I must have passed around 50 people but not one person looked twice.

Oh, good luck in finding your bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0