mtbr member

Zipp Vuma bearing question

I'm converting a Hollowgram SL crank to fit a standard frame so I need BB cups. Are all Zipp Vuma bearings 30mm? I see them listed as Vuma and Vuma Quad so I don't know if there is any difference. I found BB cups listed as Vuma for way less $ so hopefully they are 30mm. For the ceramics I see prices ranging from $110 to $360 or for steel bearings $36.70 to $110. That is a huge difference in price!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yes, the bb cups and bearings for the vuma and quad are 30mm
    i just ordered a set of empty cups and plan to send them out and have the top of the line enduro bearings installed. not to say that their bearings are not good, but a bb i had from superfly cycles was superb and i want that same quality bearing for my new bb30 crank (lightning)
    Racerick
    "The older I get, the faster I was"

mtbr member
    Wiggle has the Vuma cups with bearings for $36.70 which is about 1/3 what I can get them for here in the states! I may be able to swap the ceramic bearings from the Hollowgram. I believe the Vuma & Hollowgram both use 6806 bearings! I have Enduro bearings in my ISIS right now and have used them for years on my square taper BB.
    Last edited by Bender; 04-29-2010 at 07:24 PM.

mtbr member
    looking to try a similar set up. how did you go with the zipp bb? did you look at the fifteenG / e13 bb?

there is this..
    http://www.cannondale-parts.de/epage...Products/KP094
    but it aint cheap! and when the cranks come up on ebay it is usually with axle etc...