Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

XX1 vs X01 weight savings/price

28K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Iamrockandroll13 
#1 ·
Hi guys I'm considering between a XX1 and a X01 for my new build. From SRAM's site the claimed weight difference between the groupset is 77g coming from crankset/32T/gxp (30g) , rear dee (32g) and cassette (15g). And difference in cost is about $220 from my LBS. Thats $2.85/g savings. :oops:

Most reviews cite they are not able to tell the difference between XX1 and X01 while riding. I'm going with 30T so X01 not able to go below that is not a issue.

Seems like X01 is a winner here for my case? Appreciate your comments.

#10 ·
I'm running X01 crankset with infinite black direct mount 32t, no guide, x9 type 2 rear der and xg-1080, that's lighter and cheaper than both ;)

Seriously though, when I bought mine online the X01 and XX1 cranksets were running about the same price, in the $240 range and the XX1 came with a new BB. The xg-1080 was about $175, the X9 was about $100, the pc-1091r chain was about $50, the new X9 shifter was about $50, and the infinite black ring was like $70. So what's that, around $680 delivered.

How cheap has the XX1 or X01 full set-up gotten now, they still about a grand?

#13 ·
I set up my X0 cranks with an 32t MRP Bling Ring and on my Ohaus Triple Beam Balance it comes out at 512 grams, lighter than the claimed weight on XX1 cranks. With all the hoopla, I find my grams well saved considering I decided to keep 1x10 and went with a general lee cassette.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.