mtbr member

XTR Dyna Sys Shifter with Dura Ace 7900 FD?

Well, has anybody tried this? I would like to use a braze on Dura Ace 7900 front derailleur with my XTR M980 shifters. Will this combination work?

I don't shift down to my little ring alot, but I certainly don't want to have any issues when I need to. Looks like a weight savings of ~60g to be had here, if it will work.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Cable pull will work fine- pull is the same regardless of road/mtn, Shimano/Sram. My concern would be the jump between rings might be tuned differently. Ask in the Drivetrain forums. Some guru there would be able to help better than I can.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hello,

I'm using a XT M770 shifters with a Dura Ace 7900 FD and I don't have any problem.
    Before I had a SLX FD and this Dura Ace shifts much, much better and it weights half.
    I'm using 24-38. chain rings.

Best
    X.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy135 View Post
    Cable pull will work fine- pull is the same regardless of road/mtn, Shimano/Sram. My concern would be the jump between rings might be tuned differently. Ask in the Drivetrain forums. Some guru there would be able to help better than I can.
    Cable pull is different for Shimano road and mountain front derailleurs. You can use a mountain shifter to shift a road front derailleur (and I have), but it takes more tuning to get it to work right.
    2013 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2015 Lynskey Cooper CX
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Good to hear guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give it a shot.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

Litespeeder
    Nov 2009
    I had this combo, and could get it to shift well, but could not get it to work without rubbing, drove me mad! This was on XTR 42:30 Double Crank, XTR Shifters, XTR Block etc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec1975 View Post
    I had this combo, and could get it to shift well, but could not get it to work without rubbing, drove me mad! This was on XTR 42:30 Double Crank, XTR Shifters, XTR Block etc
    What is an XTR Block?
    CyclingCentralVa.org

The Missing
    May 2007
    block is referring to the cassette.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    using combination of XTR 970 shifter and DA brazed on FD
    chainring combo is 37-24 and work perfect
    Just have to file some material at derailleur ( see pic. ) to accomodate for extra movement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XTR Dyna Sys Shifter with Dura Ace 7900 FD?-img_5786.jpg  

XTR Dyna Sys Shifter with Dura Ace 7900 FD?-img_5788.jpg