mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?

I am building a lightweight xc bike (2016 scott spark 700 premium in size small) with mostly off the shelf parts (no $$$ boutique, or questionable ebay parts).

Through my searches and experiences, i have found a few go to parts for my bikes, including:

- seatpost: deda superlaggera rs seatpost - 176g (150$ crc, canadian prices)
    - bars: kore 710mm carbon flat bar - 160g (150$ crc)
    - stem: wren stems (40-90mm) ~ 70-90g (have yet to use but plan to order) (150$)
    - grips: esi racers edge -50g (20$) ritchey superlogic foam grips at 9g are tempting, but they are hard to get...
    - i am currently on a xtr groupset kick for pricing (derailer and shifter, and xtr race brakes do the trick as i can usually get them at less than 200$ each.
    - the e13 trs race casette with 511% range (9-46) and 303g!!! (I just got one on sale for 290!!!).
    - looking to get a fox 32 sc 100mm fork (3lbs, for 0.5 lbs weight savings!!!)

i tend to put this stuff on most of my bikes as appropriate. Where I struggle is saddles. I want something in the mid 140’s width. I currently have a specialized romin evo sworks on order (~140g, but 300$!!). Anything lighter is usually super narrow, super expensive, or questionable ebay/china.

Thoughts on saddles and some of your personal go to parts would be appreceated.
    Last edited by Gliding_serpent; 12-04-2017 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliding_serpent View Post
    I am building a lightweight xc bike (2016 scott spark 700 premium in size small) with mostly off the shelf parts (no $$$ boutique, or questionable ebay parts).

Through my searches and experiences, i have found a few go to parts for my bikes, including:

- seatpost: deda superlaggera rs seatpost - 176g (150$ crc, canadian prices)
    - bars: kore 710mm carbon flat bar - 160g (150$ crc)
    - stem: wren stems (40-90mm) ~ 70-90g (have yet to use but plan to order) (150$)
    - grips: esi racers edge -50g (20$) ritchey superlogic foam grips at 9g are tempting, but they are hard to get...
    - i am currently on a xtr groupset kick for pricing (derailer and shifter, and xtr race brakes do the trick as i can usually get them at less than 200$ each.
    - the e13 trs race casette with 511% range (9-46) and 285g!!! (I just got one on sale for 290!!!).

i tend to put this stuff on most of my bikes as appropriate. Where I struggle is saddles. I want something in the mid 140’s width. I currently have a specialized romin evo sworks on order (~140g, but 300$!!). Anything lighter is usually super narrow, super expensive, or questionable ebay/china.

Anvl Stealth. 150g. I have an extra if you want to try it. $90

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Anvl Stealth. 150g. I have an extra if you want to try it. $90

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Tempting, but i am looking for something in the 140-150mm wide range. That seems to be my problem.

Formerly of Kent
    Mt. Zoom makes a good 720mm or 760mm flat handlebar. ~$130. Lighter than the Kore bar.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Tempting, but i am looking for something in the 140-150mm wide range. That seems to be my problem.
    The Shimano PRO either Falcon or Griffon carbon models come in 142 width. My Falcon measured 156g and is the most comfortable saddle I've had. Thin padding, flexy shell is just right for me. Nashbar has them cheap to try out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Mt Zoom would be considerably lighter and cheaper. This is a 720mm 15mm riser.
    Extralite foam grips are great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-img_9325_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks so far folks!

I think the mt zoom bars will be on order soon. Sounds like they may have a bit of flex, but at 135lbs, should be fine for me.

The pro saddles liik interesting also, but their reported weights seem high. Good news is that they have lots of sizing options. Good to see.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've been using my MT Zoom 720mm riser bar for 2 years now and love them. You can flex them a bit by hand but you wont notice it while riding. Btw, I'm 148lb.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    ...Where I struggle is saddles. I want something in the mid 140’s width. I currently have a specialized romin evo sworks on order (~140g, but 300$!!). Anything lighter is usually super narrow, super expensive, or questionable ebay/china.

Been hunting around for the same for the last few weeks. Lightweight and flexy. Only one come up so far, being the super expensive MCFK at 140mm.

I do know that an approx 140mm fits best, as I ran a 143mm Toupe on my road bike. Currently using a Kit Carbonio Flow at 132? which has a little flex. I'm around the same weight as you. Does ok on half day rides once i got used to it.

Once again super expensive, but have you looked at Meld?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hmmm... the mcfk is the most promising lightweight saddle to date. Most are sub 140mm wide. The price is still up there however... but saddles can be passed from bike to bike, so are more of investments imho.

on further review... their seatposts are super light, the stems are wren level weights, and the bars are comparable in weight to mt zoom bars... except that the prices are way more!!!

The meld is an interesting concept.

i am happy to have started this thread, simply because there are so many nice producers of components, it is impossible to be aware of them all.

mtbr member
    I've been using an eBay carbon saddle for the past couple years and have been pretty happy with it. I think I paid somewhere around $40 for it. It's in the shape of the 143mm Toupe. The good thing is that they they don't cost that much...and if you don't like it...you're not losing much. I have it paired with a Syntace HiFlex post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-img_20160905_133324.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I found an eBay one that said around 140mm, but the fine print said 130’s. But i might be overthinking the width. Actually, just checked and i only need 135-137!!

my buddy got a 20$ carbon ebay seatpost. It broke after 30 seconds... but only his pride was hurt for trying. Haha.

mtbr member
    This is what I got. There are several vendors selling the same saddle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...YAAOSw~AVYq77l

The material on the nose of the saddle started lifting after about a year. I just used some Shoe Goo and that fixed it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I raise you a Camtoa!!! Best seat brand name ever.

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Ultralight-Ful....c100408.m2460

Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post

The material on the nose of the saddle started lifting after about a year. I just used some Shoe Goo and that fixed it.

mtbr member
    The Camtoa has no padding...

Hardtail Steel Forever
    I'll take the weight penalty on the saddle. I am 100% converted to the WTB devo ti, which comes in at about 195g but it's 140mm+ wide so it doesn't feel like sitting on a 2x4 like some of the super light ones. It's discontinued but still fairly easy to get on ebay for cheap. Picked up my last 2 of them for under $40.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I actually just ordered an unpadded version in matte 3k. Kind of by error... but for 30$... i will report back any repoorts of carbon fibre shards that go up my a$$

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    I've used a version identical to the Camtoa in the past. It was fine, except in that particular case there was very little flex, so I flipped it to my road bike. That said, it is worth the test at that price point, and it held up fine on trails.

I'm always reluctant to recommend saddles as something I like may not work for you - even if within your cited dimensions. FWIW, I've been running an MCFK carbon saddle for several seasons (74g), and the nice difference from the eBay above was a nice amount of flex (in addition to it properly fitting my sit bones). It doesn't meet your non-boutique criteria though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

I've considered those. How's the comfort ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    This looks interesting:-
    Circus Monkey X Absorb System 112g Full Carbon Fiber Saddle

Waiting to hear back how wide it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by splitendz View Post
    I've considered those. How's the comfort ?
    It works pretty well for me. My longest ride with the saddle was about 3 hours and no real complaints from my sit bones or taint. If your rear end likes flatter saddles...it might work for you. If you sit really upright on the bike...the hard surface might get uncomfortable.

Specialized
    ----

Specialized
    I read that quickly as 'cameltoe'

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    SWorks Power saddle. Use on the road bike and love it, gave it a whirl on the MTB and best thing I've ever done. Almost feels like it works better as a MTB saddle than road saddle
    ASR-C
    Procaliber 9.9

ARC Carbon- 9kg of awesomene- reitred
    SB-95C- play bike- retired

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Kalloy Uno stems are as light as wren stems and less than half the price. $22 stem.

I have a 60mm stem with steel bolts and it weighs ~85g. With Ti bolts, it would be in the 75g range very easily.

It plays nice with my answer pro taper carbon bar and it's seen plenty of aggressive trails with all 195lbs of me leaning on it with no problems.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    For handlebar, PRC HB3 720mm 9° is my choice. I have two of them, measured 134 for the team colored edition (Merida Team green) and 122 g for the grey one. Note that, comes with 5-year warranty! Here is my measurement:
    Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-large_prc_flat_hb3_122g.jpg

I like PRC parts. My SP2 seatpost is 187g (30.9x400mm), which is relatively heavy (compared to Tune, Mcfk and others) but comes at ~90 EUR only. PRC 17° 90mm stem with Ti-bolts is 101g.
    I know, their steim is a 'Kalloy Uno' with a PRC sticker (more than twice of the price of Unos...) but at least I get 5-year warranty, which counts, at least to me.
    My best performing saddle is not really a true weight-weenine stuff with it's 133 grams but I like it: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow

Hope this helps.
    ___
    2016 Canyon Grand Canyon CF SL 8.9 tuned (fully-rigid, 1x11)
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/2373507

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I think what impresses me the most is the cottage industry of specialized lightweight parts. Good stuff so far. Mount zoom get my buy for bars. But i think wren for the stem, and deda for the seatpost. Still waiting on that ebay seat. Should have a $$$ romin evo s works seat in the new year... see if it is worth the extra $$$

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Well, my “camel toe” generic chinese carbon seat arrived today. Everyone thinks it looks like a specialized toupe without the cover.

I don’t have a digital scale to measure it’s weight (yet) but the big bike hanging scale says my bike is now 283g lighter. Lots of error i am sure. Not sure the weight of the original saddle i had on (cro mo specialized phenom?).

I tightened the saddle to 5nm. It it pretty comfortable, and there is noticable flex when i push on it with my hand, or sit on it, but nothing scary. Comparing it to a syncros xr1.5 (ti rails, carbon infused plastic saddle), the saddle itself is a bit more flex resistant, but the Carbon rails seem to flex more, allowing the saddle to rock a touch more front to back when you sit/press on it. But the differences are not huge. I need a ride on it to fully judge however.

The build is not bad. There are Some waves in the carbon fibre pattern, and the odd blemish here and there... but nothing major.

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-6399f9f0-8020-401f-a9f0-417d1fae4b51.jpg

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-81103582-ed35-45c9-9eba-a96668736b7d.jpg

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-fb885357-9eab-4697-8614-53c973101150.jpg

My gut feeling is that it will be better suited for my cx bike, and my s works romin may go on my xc bike. It will be interesting to compare stiffness between 40$ and 300$ Carbon seats.

the romin arrives in january.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-2b9ca706-ad22-4719-9957-9b0d81cf181d.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all. Lets see how those carbon rails hold up...

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I'd would be great if one were able to see a vid of you pushing down the saddle in a couple of places to see the flex.

What is the measured width of the saddle?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    It is pretty close to the stated 140mm wide. Actually, spot on at 140mm/5.5 inches. So it is a proper light carbon saddle that is not the typical ass hatchet (thinking about you $$$ella italia c59).

The saddle Flexes no more than reputable saddles (syncros), but push on the back (lean on it hard, not a finger push), and the nose does rock up a bit. Nothing major, but it is there. It is not Flimzy however. Not sure i would trust it if i was a fatty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    ^ thanks for that.

Now I'm looking forward to a ride report

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    That's definitely a Chinese Open Mold product which I use as well (this one branded TOSEEK)

* a few test rides so far indicated this thing will hold up well. Not flexy enough for my taste probably because I am just 57kg as of now
    ..if it's heavy, drill it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by semmiho View Post
    For handlebar, PRC HB3 720mm 9° is my choice. I have two of them, measured 134 for the team colored edition (Merida Team green) and 122 g for the grey one. Note that, comes with 5-year warranty! Here is my measurement:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_PRC_Flat_HB3_122g.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	1171943

I like PRC parts. My SP2 seatpost is 187g (30.9x400mm), which is relatively heavy (compared to Tune, Mcfk and others) but comes at ~90 EUR only. PRC 17° 90mm stem with Ti-bolts is 101g.
    I know, their steim is a 'Kalloy Uno' with a PRC sticker (more than twice of the price of Unos...) but at least I get 5-year warranty, which counts, at least to me.
    My best performing saddle is not really a true weight-weenine stuff with it's 133 grams but I like it: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow

Hope this helps.
    The Procraft PRC stem is a rebranded UNO stem with titanium bolts. You can get an UNO stem and some titanium bolts on eBay for 1/3 of the price of the Procraft PRC stem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNO-7-Light...e/201947948223

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwandy View Post
    That's definitely a Chinese Open Mold product which I use as well (this one branded TOSEEK)

* a few test rides so far indicated this thing will hold up well. Not flexy enough for my taste probably because I am just 57kg as of now
    I have one of those Toseek with a bit of padding. Which is why I was hoping that GS`s one might have some more flex.

The Toseek at my weight is like a bath tile!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Interesting that the concerns is that it may be too stiff. Makes me more reassured, as i would rather too stiff bs too Flexy. I will throw it on my fatty tomorrow for a winter ride and give feedback in what it is like in a high padding scenario.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Flex is your friend with a carbon saddle, within reason.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    truth. kalloy is a large mfg of components and has been doing so for quite some time.

i suggested an uno stem earlier. some people veer away from them because its not a name brand that brings street cred. the 60mm uno stem is 5 grams away from the wren stem and like you said, costs 60% less.

if that stem can handle my 195lb chunky ass bombing down trails you can barely walk down, pretty sure its not gonna break.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    What torque spec to you use to clamp your saddle?

Quote Originally Posted by tangerineowl View Post
    I have one of those Toseek with a bit of padding. Which is why I was hoping that GS`s one might have some more flex.

The Toseek at my weight is like a bath tile!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    What torque spec to you use to clamp your saddle?
    I removed it from my roadbike about two months back due to the ride being too firm at my weight. It was my first carbon-railed saddle, so I torqued it up slowly with paste.

Can't remember the final setting, I'm afraid. But I do know it was between 6.5-7 nm.

mtbr member
    I have a Bontrager Affinity carbon saddle (from a few years back before they were women specific) with a width of 138 that I love. I needed a second one for my SS and found the GUB 1159 for $40. I have about 750 miles or so on it and it's been excellent. Definitely my go to saddle now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...311.0.0.hcQ8gw

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-fullsizerender.jpg

Xc bikes - what are your choice light saddles, stems, seatposts, bars, grips?-fullsizerender_2.jpg

mtbr member
    As I'm looking on AliExpress now, i see that some of the GUB 1159's are listed with a width of 145. Mine was listed as 138 and that's what it measures in at.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Interesting that the concerns is that it may be too stiff. Makes me more reassured, as i would rather too stiff bs too Flexy. I will throw it on my fatty tomorrow for a winter ride and give feedback in what it is like in a high padding scenario.

Well, especially true for open mold components, they are built to cater for wide range of riders - which means supportable weight usually goes between 65 to 120kg - which in turn will not bode very well for lighter riders 50=60kg ish
    ..if it's heavy, drill it

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hoping mine is not an ass hatchet... but padded shorts are fine, and on mountain biking i am off the saddle more anyway.

To be honest, my issue is that most main brand saddles that are super light, are also super narrow. My s works romin evo is one of the exceptions... but cheap it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwandy View Post
    Well, especially true for open mold components, they are built to cater for wide range of riders - which means supportable weight usually goes between 65 to 120kg - which in turn will not bode very well for lighter riders 50=60kg ish

mtbr member
    I've had some trouble with light carbon offset seatposts on my hardtail. I like a 25mm offset. Hylix and FSA Kforce both cracked after a short period of use, which was odd because I only weigh 170lbs geared up.

Currently on a Syncros FL 1.0 and it seems to be holding up. It ended up being 180 grams after cutting.

For you guys talking about flex in the carbon saddles - Merek used to sell a carbon saddle that had the rear rail attachment on a carbon leaf. This allowed the sides to flex a lot. I have one on my cx bike; works pretty well. Shown in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XbwaADksk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Cool... my ebay carbon saddle is waaaay less flexy than that.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    I've had some trouble with light carbon offset seatposts on my hardtail. I like a 25mm offset. Hylix and FSA Kforce both cracked after a short period of use, which was odd because I only weigh 170lbs geared up.

Currently on a Syncros FL 1.0 and it seems to be holding up. It ended up being 180 grams after cutting.

For you guys talking about flex in the carbon saddles - Merek used to sell a carbon saddle that had the rear rail attachment on a carbon leaf. This allowed the sides to flex a lot. I have one on my cx bike; works pretty well. Shown in this video.

Thx for the video - certainly an interesting support system there.

BTW, I wonder why would they use a crappy, rusted bolt for what seems to be a promotional video?

taste death, live life.
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Thx for the video - certainly an interesting support system there.

BTW, I wonder why would they use a crappy, rusted bolt for what seems to be a promotional video?
    Or jean shorts!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post

Looks like Merek is dead. See post #20 above, for what looks like the same saddle, currently available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    has anyone seen these all carbon saddles in super small sizes? like for 7 year old kids? I love the UNI saddles I've been using for my son, but he needs more seatpost than the UNI provides.

Live Free & Ride
    Good info on WW cockpits here! Planning on putting an '18' C-Dale Bad Boy 2 on a carbon diet this spring with hopes of a sub 20 pound urban rocket! Rims, bars, saddle and post will be the 1st things to go. Mt Zoom stuff looks great!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mtbiker View Post
    Good info on WW cockpits here! Planning on putting an '18' C-Dale Bad Boy 2 on a carbon diet this spring with hopes of a sub 20 pound urban rocket! Rims, bars, saddle and post will be the 1st things to go. Mt Zoom stuff looks great!
    It may not be as easy as you suspect unfortunately, and likely not worth the cash outlay. Sorry to be a downer.

I was unfamiliar with the BB2 - nice to see a Lefty on it - but according to REI, the BB1 with a lighter Gates drive system is still 25 lbs:
    https://www.rei.com/product/108600/c...bad-boy-1-bike

That means the BB2 is at least that weight. Given that you already have a light fork, light tires, a 1X drivetrain, indeed the main targets for weight loss would be the wheelset, bar, saddle, and post. I'd ballpark a 2 lb loss for a significant spend in cash. That's still a 23 lb bike (or more) that you've spent a lot more money on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Those Bad Boys are interesting bikes. Is this the '18 model? BAD BOY 2 Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, eBikes - Cannondale Bicycles

If so, that could be a good starter platform. Those Alfine hubs on the BB1 are crazy heavy like 1700g. The Metrea derailleur on the BB2 are fine at 280g, cassette might be heavy so could look at replacing that. SI crank with Spidering should be light. Frame/fork should be light one would think as high end aluminum. Of course, I have an old aluminum dirt jumper style frame that is close to 5lbs so you never know. Those alu bars and post with integrated rechargeable LED lights are probably pretty porky with their batteries, etc.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblytumbly View Post
    Those Bad Boys are interesting bikes. Is this the '18 model? BAD BOY 2 Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes, eBikes - Cannondale Bicycles

If so, that could be a good starter platform. Those Alfine hubs on the BB1 are crazy heavy like 1700g. The Metrea derailleur on the BB2 are fine at 280g, cassette might be heavy so could look at replacing that. SI crank with Spidering should be light. Frame/fork should be light one would think as high end aluminum. Of course, I have an old aluminum dirt jumper style frame that is close to 5lbs so you never know. Those alu bars and post with integrated rechargeable LED lights are probably pretty porky with their batteries, etc.
    Interesting. Like most of us, I'm not familiar with the Gates drive, but my "research" prior to responding seemed to show it was lighter. Certainly the belt is much lighter than the chain, but had no idea on the hub.

You make a good point re the frame - I suspect that's where the weight will be, and ALU often makes it hard to drop the weight. Also, great point re the integrated LEDs as surely there are batteries involved, although it seems a shame to get rid of them for an urban bike; it's a great idea actually.

Live Free & Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblytumbly View Post

Yeah thats the one I have my eye on. Guessing its around 24 lbs stock and it has some meaty parts for sure. I know for a fact that the wheelset alone is 2100 grams. The C1 alum frame should be light, along with the alum light pipe lefty. Still debating if its a worthy build base to upgrade from. I like the geometry and looks, so may be a project soon!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Yeah, would guess 24 and change. The only reason I know about the Alfine weight is I built up an urban hipster bike for my daughter a few years ago and when UPS came with the wheel box I thought it had cement bags in it. THEN I researched the weight, doh. Very aesthetically pleasing without a cassette, but dang.
    Lightbicycle Flyweight or Carbonfan flyweight rims relaced with light spokes, could lose a pound there. Another half pound to pound with all carbon cockpit and saddle. XD cassette to shave some off. Then it's death by a thousand cuts to maybe get there, maybe not. Cool concept of a bike regardless, especially being designed around the Lefty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Follow up: I bought this saddle. The comfort was fine. Not much cushion there, but the width of the saddle is substantial. Comfortable enough for me to be satisfied. The only real issue with this saddle for me was the design of the rear of the saddle. The rear quadrants have an angular point that catches my baggies when I move off an on the rear of the saddle. This happened to me maybe 2-3 times on approx. 1.5hr ride. It's something I would have to be conscious of on a real techy ride. One other minor complaint is that the saddle is 'creaky'. Makes some noise during flex. I did like the feel of this saddle, and love the weight. Just not sure if I would use it regularly due to snagging the shorts.

Formerly of Kent
    Just picked up a J&L Shimano (e-thru type) bolt on axle for my Yeti.

27g according to my scale. Not too shabby. $20, free shipping on eBay. Replaces the Ibis Hexle I was using, which seemed way too short. Like, at least one, maybe two whole threads short.

I also picked up a light bolt/cap piece that hasn't arrived yet. Also got some gold Ti bolts to add a bit of color.
    Last edited by Le Duke; 3 Hours Ago at 09:53 PM.
    Death from Below.