mtbr member
    Oct 2004

X-POST from Ibis forum: weight of Ibis seat collar

Did search but didn't come up with anything. I have read the FAQ's and not much there except for a reference a super lightweight one.

In any event, does anyone know what the weight of the Ibis seatpost collar (I don't have a scale except big one)?

If so, do you recommend anything in particular?

Or is it only a few grams and with nothing virtually to be saved?

Happy Thanksgiving.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnreno View Post
    Did search but didn't come up with anything. I have read the FAQ's and not much there except for a reference a super lightweight one.

In any event, does anyone know what the weight of the Ibis seatpost collar (I don't have a scale except big one)?

Or is it only a few grams and with nothing virtually to be saved?.
    Not sure which bike, or more specifically which material and size collar you are referring to, but here's a random Interwebs pic from a 2010 Mojo SL showing 16.5g for a 31.6mm.

I just happened to weigh my old Specialized one, which is alloy with a Ti bolt (S-Works default), 31.8mm:

X-POST from Ibis forum:  weight of Ibis seat collar-img_1399.jpg

So let's guess that your actual Ibis collar is safely in the 15-20g range, give or take. If you are targeting savings there, it won't be huge, and it would be expensive. I was stoopid enough to go with an MCFK "sub-5" collar (that oddly is 6g), but it wasn't cheap.

Your call, but probably not worth it for most.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Thanks, but we had ours about a month ago. (Canada.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for the reply

Specialized
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Not sure which bike, or more specifically which material and size collar you are referring to, but here's a random Interwebs pic from a 2010 Mojo SL showing 16.5g for a 31.6mm.

I just happened to weigh my old Specialized one, which is alloy with a Ti bolt (S-Works default), 31.8mm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1399.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	1031466

So let's guess that your actual Ibis collar is safely in the 15-20g range, give or take. If you are targeting savings there, it won't be huge, and it would be expensive. I was stoopid enough to go with an MCFK "sub-5" collar (that oddly is 6g), but it wasn't cheap.

Your call, but probably not worth it for most.

Thanks, but we had ours about a month ago. (Canada.)
    I noticed that too . They are all about 6grams but to be fair but that is still damn light . I'm ordering the new Tune Wurger Skyline clamp (email said early December) that's supposed to be below 5grams . We shall see .

May contain nuts
    JB Weld the post in. That'll save 10g

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

My black Ibis collar with the standard titanium bolt weighs exactly 15,5 grams. I would not advise to change it, as the contour of the lower edge of the seat collar matches that of the end of the seat tube, making them fit nicely together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Or is it only a few grams and with nothing virtually to be saved?

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Not sure if you were referring to the Ibis QR or bolt on clamp. The Ibis QR is a beefy 52 grams. The Ibis bolt on is 15.5 grams, but I can't remember if they come with a Ti bolt like whats in this one. I've been running this Mortop on my Mojo SL for the last few years with no issue's = 19.8 grams. I do prefer the clamping on the KCNC QR clamp better and its only about 1 gram more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-POST from Ibis forum:  weight of Ibis seat collar-img_4374_1_1.jpg  

X-POST from Ibis forum:  weight of Ibis seat collar-img_8377_1.jpg  

X-POST from Ibis forum:  weight of Ibis seat collar-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xc71 View Post
    Not sure if you were referring to the Ibis QR or bolt on clamp. The Ibis QR is a beefy 52 grams. The Ibis bolt on is 15.5 grams, but I can't remember if they come with a Ti bolt like whats in this one. I've been running this Mortop on my Mojo SL for the last few years with no issue's = 19.8 grams. I do prefer the clamping on the KCNC QR clamp better and its only about 1 gram more.
    Does the KCNC clamp (35mm I presume) mate with the Ibis frame? I understood only Ibis clamps fit perfectly. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timmywb View Post
    Does the KCNC clamp (35mm I presume) mate with the Ibis frame? I understood only Ibis clamps fit perfectly. Thanks!
    Yes does. My wife has run it for a couple of years now, clamps just as good as the Ibis clamp.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    LOL you have the kettle rotors on. You still running them or have they warped?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    LOL you have the kettle rotors on. You still running them or have they warped?
    I no longer have that bike, replaced with a Yeti SB5c. I do have some kettle & SIC rotors that are straight. I ran one on the rear of the Yeti for winter riding on snow and ice and it was excellent, for summer not so much. I have been trying several different pads with no luck.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I have 2 sets of sicc shimano pads that work exceptionally well. As much or more power then normal rotors. More than enough power to run them on the front of a DH bike.