Grass fed or Grain?

WW seat. Selle SLR vs. SLR XP vs. Flite

Hi, i am looking to further WW my bike. I currently use a selle flite and i like it a lot. Do you guys like the Selle SLR? How about the SLR vs. SLR XP?
    Thanks!

MaLóŒ˘*size=
    NEW slr xp is much better. It says 180gr on the saddle (and the real weight is 180gr). Before, slr xp was supposed to be 165gr and weighed 169. The new version has much more padding. Now is like the slr xc in padding amount, but less ugly (no kevlar).

Slr 135gr is to hard IMO. Just good for short rides (not over 50km) with a good pading on your shorts...

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I've ridden an SLR on my road bike, mountain bike and singlespeed for 10-13+ hours and it's just fine. Just depends on the person MaLol

Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL
    NEW slr xp is much better. It says 180gr on the saddle (and the real weight is 180gr). Before, slr xp was supposed to be 165gr and weighed 169. The new version has much more padding. Now is like the slr xc in padding amount, but less ugly (no kevlar).

Slr 135gr is to hard IMO. Just good for short rides (not over 50km) with a good pading on your shorts...
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i've previous used the SLR and tried a Flite on the roadbike. i found them very different in shape; whilst i enjoyed the SLR a fair bit, the Flite simply wasn't for me. so i would suggest trying it out before committing.

since then, i now use a Specialized Toupe on the roadbikes; the most comfy for me so far. i would develop a sore, number perineal area after a couple hours with the SLR (i've used both the Carbonia and XP). the 'central cutout' in the Toupe provides total relief!

but on the MTBs, i use a WTB Race V and an FSA SLK on the other. i find both these very comfy.

anyway, my main point was the difference between Flite and SLR. if you like the Flite, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll like the SLR.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

No XP

I run an SLR and I love it!

I find that I don't get cushion from the padding, its from the flex of the carbon anyways so extra padding is dead weight.

mtbr member
    SLR can be comfortable as it can be or as hard as it is use to be...

in my experience, if your bike setup is more on a upright position (most trailbikes are), it can be very hard like wood specially on the long ride...

But if your bike is more of racey position with significant lower front end,...then you'll find it comfortable enough for that marathon race or ride...

I love the SLR on my race bike though due to it's relatively light and comfortable...
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiescrub
    Hi, i am looking to further WW my bike. I currently use a selle flite and i like it a lot. Do you guys like the Selle SLR? How about the SLR vs. SLR XP?
    Thanks!
    Of all the SLRs I've tried, the XC Gel Flow is the best so far--and that "ugly" kevlar at the back will save you from the most common saddle rips that occur. Mine was 175g exactly.

Another saddle to check out would be the WTB Shadow V Team or Stealth. They are closer to 200g and much more comfortable IMO than the wider, more heavily padded, Rocket V series.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What about the Specialized Toupe saddle??
    Its a light saddle