Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

WW pron, new sram X0 and X01 weights with pics....

10K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  half_man_half_scab 
#1 ·

New X01 crankset, gxp, 175mm arms weighed with the retaining screws for the direct mount ring I'll be installing from Absolute Black. New 1091r chain with full links, new XG-1080 11-36 cassette, and a shot of the stock X01 spider with retaining screws. The (3) retaining screws were 5 grams total.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
X01 crank (473g)
Absolute Black direct moung 32t chainring (53g)
GXP pressfit BB (92g)

618g total and I won't need to run a chain guide with the new no drop ring, I'm pleased.

#7 ·
Well its the spider that came new in the box with the crank so....I don't see any reason why they wouldn't use the same spider, only real difference structurally between X0 and X01 is the chain ring, right?

#8 ·
See that would be logical that X0 , x01 and xx1 would use the same spider.

Unfortunately SRAM in their infinite wisdom has made the x01 spider different. Which is why the smallest ring you can get for the x01 is a 30t where a xx1 can take a 28. And from what I have read the wolftooth will not fit the xo1 (unless they make a different interface)

If someone could confirm I am wrong that would be awesome, but that is the info I have after discussions with people in the industry.

#11 ·
I could care less about the spider as I'll be running a direct mount chainring, been doiung that the last couple years with MRP bling rings, excited to try it with the new lightweight Absolute Black no drop ring.

#16 ·
What was the warranty issue on your X01?

Mine has worked flawlessly and I haven't had a single chain drop since install. Nice, light, quiet, and looks cool ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.