mtbr member
    May 2004

WTB Pure V Stealth saddle

Howdy, I'm considering replacing my older WTB SST Kevlar saddle with a WTB Pure V Stealth (235 gms).

http://www.wtb.com/pure_v.html

This saddle is pretty spendy- it looks like most online retailers are discounting many of the other WTB saddles but not this one- cheapest price I've found is about $80 at Pricepoint.

Is upgrading worth it? How much difference do the new designs with the depression down the center make in reducing/preventing numbness of the ol' family jewels?

Also, how much lighter is this saddle vs. a circa 2001 SST Kevlar Ti?

thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Up. Would appreciate feedback on this saddle, or advice on a different forum to post this query in. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Howdy, I'm considering replacing my older WTB SST Kevlar saddle with a WTB Pure V Stealth (235 gms).

This saddle is pretty spendy- it looks like most online retailers are discounting many of the other WTB saddles but not this one- cheapest price I've found is about $80 at Pricepoint.

Is upgrading worth it? How much difference do the new designs with the depression down the center make in reducing/preventing numbness of the ol' family jewels?

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat

thanks!
    I have the WTB rocket V Ti. I LOVE IT. I got a regular Rocket V for my cross bike, and want another Ti one for my road bike

The Pure V is wider than the Rocket, and has a more sloped nose like the original SST saddles.

On the boards here and in the reviews the new WTB saddles get pretty high marks for comfort.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I like it as much, if not better than, my Rocket V ti. Does that helps. The thing is, everyones bottom is different. Compare the width and length with what you are coming of off, the SST, and see how the Pure compares.