Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146

    Wellgo MG-1 Titanium

    Anyone have a weight on these pedals?

    i know the stock advertised MG-1's are 380g/pedal...
    RH SL Pro

  2. #2
    LDH
    LDH is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    762
    Is there a weight limit on the ti axles?

  3. #3
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    no idea... but i weigh 155, and i ride XC without jumps bigger than 2 feet
    RH SL Pro

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    72
    I've used both versions for ~2.5 years without any problems.

    I weigh 185, ride ~40-50 miles a week, no big jumps, but certainly 2-3 ft drops.

    If I recall, the chromoly spindle version was 367g, ti 298g.

  5. #5
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    the ebay user where these pedals came from advertise the TI Spindle pedal to weigh 143g/each pedal
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wellgo-MG-1-Ti-M...item518f0ae9f2
    RH SL Pro

  6. #6
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    I don't own any specific bicycle grease, but i do have items around the house that i may be able to use for installation of the Pedals. Is specific bicycle grease necessary? If not, what can i use around the house; vaseline, Prolink Chain Lube, butter... etc
    RH SL Pro

  7. #7
    LDH
    LDH is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    I don't own any specific bicycle grease, but i do have items around the house that i may be able to use for installation of the Pedals. Is specific bicycle grease necessary? If not, what can i use around the house; vaseline, Prolink Chain Lube, butter... etc
    vaseline would be a better choice than the above items, go raid wifeys makeup basket.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oldskoolbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    They weigh around 290 something for the set.

    I used these all season on my DH bike. Big drops, jumps, rock gardens you name it. Only complaint is that the Magnesium is soft so it's easy to rip the pins out. I'm missing 2-3 pins on each side of both pedals, but you don't even notice it wearing 5-10's.

  9. #9
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by LDH
    vaseline would be a better choice than the above items, go raid wifeys makeup basket.
    what other fake "greases" do u recommend me use if i dont have the specific bike grease such as those they use on ALU seatposts

    do i even need to grease the threads before installation? (the TI version)
    RH SL Pro

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oldskoolbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    what other fake "greases" do u recommend me use if i dont have the specific bike grease such as those they use on ALU seatposts

    do i even need to grease the threads before installation? (the TI version)
    If you don't have any grease, I'd say get some anti seize from an auto parts store. It's used for putting on the threads of spark plugs. They usually have little packets for cheap at the counter.

    But why don't you just buy a tube of bike grease??

  11. #11
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    If you don't have any grease, I'd say get some anti seize from an auto parts store. It's used for putting on the threads of spark plugs. They usually have little packets for cheap at the counter.

    But why don't you just buy a tube of bike grease??
    yea i guess i'll do that, what would u recommend in a small size? (i dont do much work on my bike) free shipping preferred sine i dont have any other items to buy and dont want to pay the price of the grease in shipping
    RH SL Pro

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oldskoolbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    yea i guess i'll do that, what would u recommend in a small size? (i dont do much work on my bike) free shipping preferred sine i dont have any other items to buy and dont want to pay the price of the grease in shipping
    Just go to a shop and pick up a tube of whatever they got. A tube of grease at a shop will be like $5-$8.

    Don't do much work on your bike?? I saw threads where you are looking to buy a work stand and a other stuff. Seems you plan on doing a lot of work.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,305
    My MG-1 Ti pedals weigh 296 grams.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    367
    Yup, mine are 296 as well.

  15. #15
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    is that the weight for both pedals?
    RH SL Pro

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    367
    Yes both pedals.

  17. #17
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Question about installation of these Titanium Spindle Pedals:

    What kind of grease should i use? Is the Park Polylube 1000 Grease okay (because i just bought a tub mistakenly for this application?

    or what do i need to use? (link pls)
    RH SL Pro

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    367
    I didn't use any grease.

  19. #19
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    so let me get this straight, u installed the Titanium threaded end into your aluminum crank arm?

    aren't you worried that it will seize? that area often gets wet since its near all the splashing and lower to the ground..

    have u taken yours out after you've first installed them?
    RH SL Pro

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    367
    I swap between my MG-1s and Eggbeaters fairly often. No issues.

  21. #21
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    do you think it will hurt if i used the Park Polylube 1000 grease on the threads?
    RH SL Pro

  22. #22

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    do you think it will hurt if i used the Park Polylube 1000 grease on the threads?
    That is a perfectly good grease.

    For pedals I have a large can of graphite grease. I forgot when I bought it - long time ago. I do swap pedals often - and take them off when I carry my bikes inside of my car - and that grease seems to stay put and prevent squeaks.

  24. #24
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    I see, thanks for that info, but would u still use that same regular grease if the Spingle was Titanium??
    RH SL Pro

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    212
    I weighed my well go pedals at 368 grams, the non ti version...I ordered the ti spindles, but I'm regreting it considering they have a 200lb weight limit. I weigh 220 lbs so I don't want to chance a snapped axle out on the trails for a mere 100 grams.

    I use bel ray grease on everything to include my headset bearings, bottom bracket, platforms and so on. You basically want to add grease to prevent any seizing with whatever component you are installing and to prevent pre-mature wear and tear. Anti seize grease at home depot I think will be cheaper than buying grease at a bike shop...not sure though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •