Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

weight busters

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  phlegm 
#1 ·
Not the lightest bars but bought some Ritchey Comp Rizer bars in 31.8/660mm advertised at 306g..well try 365g..wasnt very happy:madmax:

#9 ·
ill order the same bars from a reputable parts source and see what happens. Also i'll take a pic of the bars on the scale to show everyone the weight and reveal the source I bought them from so others don't make the same mistake.

#3 ·
The stem and seat post I got from ritchey weighed out within a few grams as advertised...Just quite a bit off for the bars...was a disappointment...wanted a lighter bar..i figured if its within 5 to10 grams I wouldn't be shocked..but over 50grams..wow.

#6 ·
Not sure if that is the norm or not but anything more than 10grams higher just seems to be BS on a claim. Ive recorded items that were dead on and some lower and some higher than claims...but wow on a 50 plus gram difference...They may be cheap china fakes,,i don't know...I did get them off ebay so you never know...but they will be replaced with something else down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.