mtbr member

Weighed Schwalbe source ??

Im looking to get some Schwalbe Tyres - a furious Fred and Rocket ron

I want to get light ones though as they can vary in weight by 80grams at times!

So does anyone know a source where i could get some but have the weight checked first ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

No but...

I have used many many Furious Fred 2.25"s (with RaceGuard) and they have been about 434 +-3grams. I have also used several Ron 2.25"s and I can't remember what the average is now (454 maybe) but they were all within +-10 grams.

While I have personally seen high variations in Schwalbe tire weights, particularly with the old Ralph model (+-35 grams or more), they seem to have reigned it in significantly with the Furious Fred, Ron, and new Ralphs. Or maybe I am just getting lucky over and over and over.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I've asked online shops if they could weigh things and most say no which understandable.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by williford
    I have used many many Furious Fred 2.25"s (with RaceGuard) and they have been about 434 +-3grams. I have also used several Ron 2.25"s and I can't remember what the average is now (454 maybe) but they were all within +-10 grams.

While I have personally seen high variations in Schwalbe tire weights, particularly with the old Ralph model (+-35 grams or more), they seem to have reigned it in significantly with the Furious Fred, Ron, and new Ralphs. Or maybe I am just getting lucky over and over and over.
    Schwalbe STILL have HUGE differences...

just have a look at some Rocket Ron 2,1" that this guy got:
    http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpos...&postcount=726

that's 50g difference / 13%

and i'm sure if you could weigh more tires you could find lighter AND heavier ones still. As i always said with Schwalbe you should weigh your tires before you buy or you may end up with a ton on your rims
    Last edited by nino; 01-08-2009 at 03:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Ah Hawkpower ! Can't wait to see his finished 09 Genius.