mtbr member

Is WCS close to advertised weight

I for some reason just now noticed that Ritchey WCS stems are advertised at around 110g. On WW some of the listings are close to the advertised wieght but they didn't show any '06 stuff, so how does the new stuff compare to the advertised weight.

Right now I'm on FSA XC115 (140g-ish) + Eaton EC70 bar (170g-ish) and I'm considering the WCS or Syntace F99 (whatever I can get cheaper) 110g + race face super light carbon bar or new EC90 nano tube 100g flat (don't know about flat) or 135g riser.

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

On your left.
    Jan 2004

just bought one

I don't know the year, but it has the colored WCS flag. Length = 130mm, Weight = 117g. I think it is an excellent stem. The screws are actually a bit long (protrude out threaded holes) so I'm going to replace them with Ti screws and shave a few grams.

If you are gettng a bar - you may want the OS version of the WCS stem.

I went with Ritchey over Syntace because it was a bit less expensive and Adrenaline bikes has them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bmadau
    I for some reason just now noticed that Ritchey WCS stems are advertised at around 110g. On WW some of the listings are close to the advertised wieght but they didn't show any '06 stuff, so how does the new stuff compare to the advertised weight.

Right now I'm on FSA XC115 (140g-ish) + Eaton EC70 bar (170g-ish) and I'm considering the WCS or Syntace F99 (whatever I can get cheaper) 110g + race face super light carbon bar or new EC90 nano tube 100g flat (don't know about flat) or 135g riser.

BM
    M

I ride a Swarf
    my new WCS 100mm was 112g. Not sure if its an 06 one, I bought it about a month ago though.

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

Members who have read this thread: 0