mtbr member

Value Carbon Riser Bars?

Help selecting the best value on a carbon riser bar, 680 mm, 31.8 mm.

Chinese ebay models included, cost being the biggest factor. What have you used and what are your reccommendations?

mtbr member
    I have Forte (performance bike house brand) carbon riser bars on two bikes and like them a lot. The price was around 80 if I remember correctly but for some reason I am not seeing them on the website. Last time I saw them they were 60 bucks!

mtbr member
    I was going to recommend the Forte bars too but when I went to check the price online I couldn't find them. They are probably discontinued like their carbon seat post. I saw them in the store a couple of weeks ago so if you have a Performance Bicycle near you, you may still be able to get them.

mtbr member
    I do have one nearby, and they have a few products that I thought were very reasonably priced. I belive the carbon bars were $80 in-store and I have seen them as low as $70 online. I have also given thought to rolling the dice on a $27 Chinese carbon bar but I don't think I can do that to myself...

I'm really looking to cut the weight in half on my factory bars. I was fairly satisfied with the stem weight and I like its angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Value Carbon Riser Bars?-bars.jpg  

Value Carbon Riser Bars?-combo.jpg  

mtbr member
    I am beginning to think for weight savings and value a flat bar is the best route, however I really like risers they work best with my posture on the bike. I see a lot of good prices on bicycleoutfittersindy.com but can't seem to pull the trigger on any of them.

ups and downs
    If you have enough steer tube length to use stem spacers, you can get the same position with a wide flat bar and it will likely weigh less than the difference between flat and riser bars.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Well I decided that Forte was the route to take, EXCEPT I didn't go carbon and I didn't go riser...... Very satisifed with the Forte Team Flat Bar, its 720 mm so I got a wider bar at a fraction of the weight and it only cost $21.99!! For a $600 bike I think this was about the best I could have done. It has a good sweep and even just a pinch of a rise still. I killed 165 grams, gained better leverage against the 29er wheel and didn't have to pay for shipping. Case closed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Value Carbon Riser Bars?-forte.jpg  

Value Carbon Riser Bars?-difference.jpg  

Value Carbon Riser Bars?-installed.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Great solution! Love it when people think outside the box AND go for the actually sensible solution.