mtbr member

New question here. Ultraterra cassette stiction

I'm looking for some info on my Ultraterra freehub. It seems to have a fair amount of friction/stiction. It is quite a bit more then my Tune Mag190 hub and will make my cranks turn in the gears when coasting. It seems like it could use a light oil on the pawls or something but I have never opened it up nor do I know exactly how to do that. Dirtboy, Nino any advice? Nino you had them in your hands did you notice this or is it normal?

Okay so on my Mag190 rear wheel there is a little play you can feel at the outer edge of the wheel when mounted. It is just barely perceptible with the wheel off. Is this adjustable with allen/hex wrenches? How is this done?

Both wheels are very nice and I want to take good care of them and not perform any hack surgery on them nor have them explode down the line.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberdoggy
    I'm looking for some info on my Ultraterra freehub. It seems to have a fair amount of friction/stiction. It is quite a bit more then my Tune Mag190 hub and will make my cranks turn in the gears when coasting. It seems like it could use a light oil on the pawls or something but I have never opened it up nor do I know exactly how to do that. Dirtboy, Nino any advice? Nino you had them in your hands did you notice this or is it normal?
    Aren't yours new wheels? It's normal. Wait any months (and km) and lube internal cassette with W90 or 40 motor oil.

mtbr member
    They are new. Okay, so then the stiction is normal on the ELs. Although, I'm not sure how to lube the pawls when it is time - how to open it up.

mtbr member
    Every 500 Km unscrew the preload micro tuner, extract the axle with freewheel, lube it and assemble everything again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scapin
    Every 500 Km unscrew the preload micro tuner, extract the axle with freewheel, lube it and assemble everything again.

Thanks scapin. Can you tell me how I adjust my tune hubs?

mtbr member
    Sorry, I never had a Tune hub...