mtbr member
    Mar 2006

ultradisc ceramic SNT wheelset

I saw an auction in ebay for a wheelset with extralite ultraHubs SPD and ztr 355 rims, but the seller didn't know the kind of the spokes, and the location was Hong-Kong;
    I managed to sell my crossmax sls, and decided to buy those - and won them for 560 $ (+60 $ shipping); they arrived after 2 weeks in a very poor and destroyed package, and in the front wheel the internals of the hub was a mess and 2 spokes were bent;
    I manged to find new O-rings, and rebuilt the front hub, and straighten the spokes, but I found out that the spokes are wheelsmith single butted 2mm, with a total weight of 422 grams, and on each rim 367 is written near the valve hole (is that saying that its weight is 367 grams ?);
    other than that their condition is as new.
    I managed to get a refund of 30$ from the seller after complaining about the problems.

BUT the good thing is that all of the bearings are ceramic (the seller didn't know that, it adds 180$ to the price of the hubs), so the weights are:

189 rear huc, ceramic
    94 front hub, ceramic
    734 rims
    422 spokes (64)
    20 nipples (I think they are aluminium, if you can tell me from the third picture if I'm right, I'll be grateful).
    20 yellow tape and valves
    total: 1479

switching to sapim CX ray spokes can save 168 grams, but I don't want to pay almost 100$ for rebuilding them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    AFAIK the number written on the side of the rim is the weight of it. If it's 367gr I guess that puts them at the heavier end of the range for ZTR rims - http://www.notubes.com/product_info....roducts_id/303
    Last edited by Some Guy; 03-21-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    thanks,
    till now I saw only numbers which their last digit is 7 on ZTR rims (i.e. xx7), so maybe its an upper limit ?
    (like in the ztr347s)
    Last edited by yossipollak; 03-21-2007 at 08:02 AM.